Author Topic: New Products  (Read 2200 times)

Tressel

• Sergeant
New Products
« on: 14 March 2017, 07:52:35 »
Any word on new products to expand A Time of War?

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: New Products
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2017, 08:14:01 »
Well, there are certain pumps and creams...

Oh, wait, you said A Time of War?

Well, there's the ongoing "Touring the Stars" product line that profiles individual planets in the Inner Sphere, giving you a fully realized canon setting along with a planetary map usable for Inner Sphere in Flames games.  Each TtS contains multiple "Adventure Seeds," describing AToW plot hooks you can use if your characters are on that world at the relevant point in its history.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2017, 13:26:36 »
I think Herb was one of the internal figures at CGL pushing for AToW products so with him gone I'm not sure we can expect more products until there's another shuffle of people in the company.

greywolf79

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2017, 11:57:03 »
Wait, when did Herb leave? I missed something... I was wondering why there was so little going on for AToW. Please expand on changes over the past 1-2 years. I have been on very minimally over that time.
GreyWolf.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2017, 16:18:35 »
Officially, all we know is that Herb Beas and Ben Rome are out. IIRC, it's been about two years for Herb and a year or so for Ben. Randall Bills is acting as Lead Developer right now. We also know that CGL is working on new product, with the focus being on completing Second Succession War right now. There have been no announcements regarding direct supplements for A Time of War, but it can be safely assumed that any future products will include relevant RPG support.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2017, 21:57:50 »
They are currently going to release a CCG based on D&D with the help of Wizards of the Coast.

http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2017/04/25/catalyst-game-labs-partners-with-wizards-of-the-coast-on-new-dungeons-dragons-deckbuilding-game/

They also need to fix that main website as it still shows Herb as Head Dev.

TT
« Last Edit: 07 May 2017, 22:00:35 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2017, 23:08:51 »
That's not a CCG.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2017, 09:34:55 »
Officially, all we know is that Herb Beas and Ben Rome are out. IIRC, it's been about two years for Herb and a year or so for Ben. Randall Bills is acting as Lead Developer right now. We also know that CGL is working on new product, with the focus being on completing Second Succession War right now. There have been no announcements regarding direct supplements for A Time of War, but it can be safely assumed that any future products will include relevant RPG support.

Coincidentally, the timeline has not advanced since July/2015 with the release of TRO: 3150.  [/conspiracytheorist]
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Register