Author Topic: (Answered) VTOL Mast Mount questions  (Read 2021 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
(Answered) VTOL Mast Mount questions
« on: 14 June 2017, 21:40:23 »
Tac Ops errata, page 28, http://d15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Tactical-Operations-v3.5-Second-Printing-2016-06-06.pdf?x64300
Items of the Types E and CE may be placed in a Mast Mount, with the following exceptions: no TAG systems of any kind are allowed, while C3 systems are limited to slave units and C3i. The Mast Mount is not a location of its own: it and any items it contains are treated as being in the Rotor location.

The Question: Does "No Weapons" cover anything that makes at attack roll? What about that anything that picks a specific target unit or hex or expends ammo?

I just wanted to confirm whether this is intended to allow items like Narc and Improved Narc Launchers, since on page 303 of Total War they are listed as Type E among other things. With the restriction against TAG and weapons, it seemed like it might be the intention to prevent anything that makes an attack roll from being mounted in a VTOL Mast Mount.

Other items this would affect:
Centurion Weapon System (IO pg 216)
Prototype Remote Sensors (IO pg 216)

Related Questions
1-Remote Sensor Dispenser (TM pg 344) would be on here too, but I can't find any type codes for it. Would you confirm that it should be Type E, even if it doesn't qualify for a mast mount?
2-If Normal and Prototype Remote Sensors are allowed on a mast mount for some reason, are C3 Remote Sensor Dispensers (TO pg 414)? I was assuming they aren't since they are "C3" but not slaves, but would like confirmation.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) VTOL Mast Mount questions
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2017, 11:17:58 »
There is no note regarding "weapons" any more: the errata you quote removed that wording.

Under the current wording, narc beacons would be legal.  As they're chronically underused, I have no problem with this.

Rewmote Sensor Dispensers and the Centurion, having no Type, are not allowed.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0