Author Topic: Tikonov: 3067-3085 (what happens?)  (Read 1608 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Tikonov: 3067-3085 (what happens?)
« on: 17 July 2017, 23:50:10 »
Tikonov... ah those Tkonovese...

Just curious if anyone has any hard facts on what happens to it through the later Jiahd/move to Stone's camp.
I've managed to find snippets of info here and there, but a couple things still elude me.

So, Tikonov falls to a Blakist attack sometime after 3068-69. 1st Division probably take it and leave some of their elements there as they rotate the rest of the unit across the Protectorate.
But they never really hold it - constant Cappie insurgent activity is mentioned in TRO: 3050 and TRO: 3058.

In late 3074, the insurgents go for broke and several nukes are let off.
But seemingly, a year later... the Davions take the planet? And then by 3081ish the planet is militantly pro-Stone and a firm partner of the new Republic.

So... what happens between the Acid Rain track in Total Chaos circa October 3074 and the Davions moving in? And then Stone?

Anyone got a source of info - keen to take my mercs to Tikonov next

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

ajcbm

• Sergeant
Re: Tikonov: 3067-3085 (what happens?)
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2017, 07:30:52 »
The Davions did not "take" the planet. The Capellan insurgents overthrew the WoB garrison by 3075. Devlin Stone's Coalition then captures Tikonov from the insurgents.

In 3081, all five active Warrior House's landed on Tikonov and destroys Stone's Stalwarts.

In 3083, three Stone's Brigades and six Hastati regiments retake Tikonov.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2017, 07:41:23 »
The Davions did not "take" the planet. The Capellan insurgents overthrew the WoB garrison by 3075. Devlin Stone's Coalition then captures Tikonov from the insurgents.

In 3081, all five active Warrior House's landed on Tikonov and destroys Stone's Stalwarts.

In 3083, three Stone's Brigades and six Hastati regiments retake Tikonov.

Except Jihad Hotspots: 3076 has AFFS troops on planet, moving in among the nuked ruins of the capital in July 3075.
There's no further mention of Tikonov until it's part of the brand new Terran Republic in the early 80s. And then we go into the whole tussle between the CCAF and Republic.

I'm curious. About that period leading up to the Republic - did the Feddies sit on it, only to lose Tikonov again to Liao? Or did they hand it over as Stone moved forward?

ajcbm

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2017, 09:55:09 »
Those AFFS troops were part of Stone's Coalition. Since Devlin Stone always intended to corrupt the troops sent to him, those "AFFS" troops are essentially Stone's private army by that point.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2017, 19:12:33 »
Hmmm... I think it's way to early for the Coalition. Sure, he's rallying Lyran troops over on Skye. But the coalition doesn't really kick off until late 3075.
And even then they're only really advancing in Lyran space - Galatea, etc.
THEN Operation Scour kicks off with Davion troops.

Unless we can find a canon source, I'm thinking maybe the Feds slipped in and took Tikonov because it was left undefended in late 3075?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2017, 11:46:06 »
Protectorate Militia would have been present for the Davion arrival IMO.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."