Author Topic: MWO - Getting into it - various queries please?  (Read 2363 times)

SethsMatches

• Master Sergeant
  • Never Give In!
MWO - Getting into it - various queries please?
« on: 17 August 2017, 05:08:00 »
Hello

Am getting into MWO and would like to pic the brains of those with more experience please?

Have built a COM -2D with Stealth Armour, a BAP, a NARC and ER Medium Laser and have been having great fun poking mechs with NARC pods. Even got two NARC Kills once...

Have taken two Sensor Range improvements (+14% max sensor range) and a BAP, which apparently also increases sensor range?
 - Is there somewhere I can see what the actual numerical max range of the sensors now is? Is it somewhere in the mechlab, Select Mech?

- A BAP is suppressed while stealth armour is active quiaff?

- For other mechs to see targets on my radar do the mechs have to be specifically targetted by me (Red Box on HUD), i.e. only one at a time, or do they just need to be on my radar (little diamonds on the minimap)? (Again I assume Stealth Armour must be deactivated?)

- Does a mech with an attached NARC pod show up on Radar on its own or must it still be on an opposing mech's radar/specifically targetted? (I.e. how similar is it to being able to still fire indirectly at a NARC'd target on the tabletop?)

- What do enemy mechs see targetting wise for a mech with activated Stealth Armour? (I've read in some places that missiles lose/cannot target lock? Can a stealthed mech have a targetting box on it?)

Ultimately I'm just trying to find out what the limits are for this little build so I hopefully don't get deeper into enemy territory/trouble than I have to.

Hope this is not too wordy

Thank you
"Man shouldn't have to live by carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise." - Spike Spiegal

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Re: MWO - Getting into it - various queries please?
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2017, 07:17:13 »
Sorry, had to check some of theses in game. Apologies for vagueness.

Sensor range = default without skills is 800m. So the increases seem to be built off that, BAP increases that 25%. No clear "this is your new range in meters" sadly.

With Stealth Armor turned on -
Enemy: Cannot target/target lock you unless you get hit by TAG, a NARC pod or some flavor of PPC just like how ECM is disabled. Active Probes, UAV and counter ECM cannot see Stealth Armor 'Mech/negate it. Enemy can see you visually only, Stealth Armor hides your heat signature too, so you appear like a shutdown 'Mech on thermal vision too.

But...

You: You cannot spot for your team, cannot target R unless at literal point blank touching range and worse you cannot see what you team is targeting. So Aff your BAP isn't doing jack if you have Stealth turned on. You can spot with TAG, NARC and of course UAV.

NARC pods light up enemies unless they are under ECM coverage even without line of sight, so making them useful even if you team doesn't have lurms.

SethsMatches

• Master Sergeant
  • Never Give In!
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2017, 07:07:55 »
Thank you!
"Man shouldn't have to live by carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise." - Spike Spiegal

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2017, 21:45:00 »
yeah i'm still experimenting with stealth armor.. got a Raven i've fitted out with it (only Ecm IS mech i have right now), trying to figure out the best way to use it. the inability to get rid of heat while it is active is what annoys me. so many of the maps have hot environments so you build it up fast.

Edit: i think i'll stick to this 2x MRM10, 2xERML build.. and i have found out that on some maps where the ambient temps are colder, you actually can lose heat in stealth mode.. it is just slow, so hit and run sniping/harrassment is the order of the day..
« Last Edit: 14 September 2017, 23:10:10 by glitterboy2098 »