Author Topic: Dola dol-1a2 question.  (Read 1161 times)

Stallion12

• Sergeant
Dola dol-1a2 question.
« on: 21 August 2017, 12:19:24 »
Has anyone used it? Is it just the 1a with a gear swap? In the mech review on this site I saw it has different armor points, but I can't find anything saying that.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
Re: Dola dol-1a2 question.
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2017, 21:20:29 »
The 1A2 is an a mass produced version of the 1A which is found in XTRO Liao.  The 1A has a medium vibroblade and a  little more amour.  To compensate the 1A has composite structure, a Small Cockpit, and a XL  gyro.  Overall the 1A presents more vulnerabilities to get a slightly higher damage curve and the 1A2 has a higher BV.  In this case I'd take the 1A over the 1A2, because despite the negatives it is a light mech and it isn't going to take much punishment anyhow with an XL engine.  With 8/12/8 speed it should be able to dictate the range of fighting unless fighting a handful of designs that feature IJJs.

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2017, 12:20:16 »
Thank you, I ment to ask what the difference in armor between the 1a and 1a2? I saw it mentioned it's different in a review thread, but the trouble just says a gear swap.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2017, 18:02:10 »
I'm not sure if its ever been stated directly. I don't think many of the variants in TRO: Prototypes have gotten their own record sheets yet.

The description in the Technical Readout states that the 1A2 swaps the sword and Angel ECM (found in the 1A1) for a small vibroblade and TAG. Unfortunately, the weights don't match up (3.5 tons of gear removed, 4 tons of gear added).

So either 1A2 needs to lose 0.5 tons of armor, or it needs to swap its FerroFibrous for Heavy Ferro Fibrous. I'm not really sure which happens, as I don't think I've seen a record sheet for the 1A2.

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2017, 19:46:50 »
Thank you, that review I read must have switched it to heavy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2017, 23:57:30 »
No official sheet for the 1A2. I'm guessing it will be in rs: prototypes unabridged

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2017, 06:35:47 »
No official sheet for the 1A2. I'm guessing it will be in rs: prototypes unabridged

??? My copy of Record Sheets Prototypes has a 1A1 Dola record sheet. Shows it using standard Ferro Fibrous instead of Light Ferro. CAT35170 is the product number in the file.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2017, 06:42:20 »
Yup. That's the print version they used to do (3067 and 3145 didn't get one). This is about the 1A2, which isn't in that product.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4087/dola-dol-1a2-yoh-ti-tsang

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2017, 06:37:49 »
Yup. That's the print version they used to do (3067 and 3145 didn't get one). This is about the 1A2, which isn't in that product.

http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/4087/dola-dol-1a2-yoh-ti-tsang

Oh boy. That's what happens when you post when you're tired.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)