Author Topic: What's the deal with Stewart (during the Jihad...)  (Read 1222 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
What's the deal with Stewart (during the Jihad...)
« on: 10 December 2017, 04:36:52 »
So the Marik planet of Stewart... another bastion of Scotland in the stars. Home of the tough, never say die Stewart Dragoons, a sprawling Mech plant, etc.

Stewart willingly joins the Word of Blake Protectorate in late 3070 according to Jihad: FR. and it's not until May 3077 that it's liberated - with the Nova Cats brutually eliminating the Protectorate Militia.

But on the flip side, Stewart's noble ruler Leonard Stewart (or heir to the title, I can't remember) is a senior Coalition commander in the fight against the Word. He serves as Alys Marik's 2IC during the Marik push of Operation Scour and was even touted as a possible commander for the FWL front as not everyone has faith or confidence in the Duchess of Augustine.
Two regiments of the Stewart Dragoons also served as part of the Coalition.

And just to make things even more interesting... the remnants of the Dragoons decline to join the RAF in 3079 and run back to Stewart, ejecting Republic forces.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can help with me the following questions:

- what was Leonard Stewart doing prior to Operation Scour? Under Blakist house arrest on Stewart? Hiding off world? Actively helping the FWL Resistance?

- what were the Stewart Dragoons doing prior to Scour? As above - chaffing under Blakist rule, etc? Actively helping the Resistance?

- did Leonard Stewart support the Dragoons in their fight against the Republic in 3081? Considering he helped Devlin Stone previously, it seems likely he'd actually be pro-Republic controlling Stewart?

- and do we get any further info on Leonard? He commanded one of the Dragoon unit's from 3050-59 from memory. But is he mentioned anywhere else?

Thanks in advance! Don't take my questions as a sign of discontent - more just being keen to expand on the excellent info we already have!

EDIT: Ok, so I clearly should have read FM: 3085 before posting this!
The entry for the 40th Marik Militia blow the red text out of the water.
Soooo.... Duke Leonard is described as the "exiled duke" in 3085. He then goes onto fund the bitter Dragoons remnants for a possible counter attack to retake Stewart.
So, I'm guessing he told Stone where he could stick his Republic

Do we get any info on what makes him turn on Stone?

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 04:49:08 by Nav_Alpha »

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Register