Author Topic: Com Guards  (Read 1776 times)

Dunia

• Corporal
  • Cute, deadly and with 2 PPCs. Fear me.
Com Guards
« on: 19 December 2017, 17:35:18 »
From the outset, if I understand things correctly, there were SLDF military units that remained and joined with Jerome Blake (May his name be blessed) and the Comstar-to-be. So I guess that these military units were to be acting as the guards in the early stages of the forming of what will be the Comstar Organizattion and were the main attack force in operation Silver Shield.

So what happened after?
Did Blake (May his name be blessed) and Toyama mouthball these units or did they have these crack troops train new soldiers to have just i case any othe Great Houses would decide to attack and seize a HPG station? IF so how and where would these new soldiers be trained? Sanhurst Academy was mainly a ROM training facility and did not have Mechwarrior/Military training until much much later?

So did Comstar have a secret training facility somewhere where they trained a small force in order to keep SLDF tactics and knowledge of combat alive? If so was in in Sol system or was it somewhere else? In the deep perihery?

May Blakes wisdom guide you.
Dunia

My mother and father met in a Mechwarrior RPG game, I am a Battletech Born Brat :)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Com Guards
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2017, 23:00:51 »
Frail Acolyte Dunia:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Com_Guards

Precentor Omicron Truetanker
Down with the Heretic Blake, Praise Apollyon!
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Com Guards
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2017, 23:02:46 »
So what happened after?
Did Blake (May his name be blessed) and Toyama mouthball these units or did they have these crack troops train new soldiers to have just i case any othe Great Houses would decide to attack and seize a HPG station? IF so how and where would these new soldiers be trained? Sanhurst Academy was mainly a ROM training facility and did not have Mechwarrior/Military training until much much later?

FM: ComStar tells us that after Silver Shield, ComStar mothballed most of its military equipment. When ROM was founded, they got some of the equipment, but this was mostly infantry equipment and vehicles. The guy that looked for the Minnesota Tribe got some Mechs and fighters, but afterwards they went back into mothballs.

So no. No secret force or training facility.

It always seemed sort of...naive. I would've kept it around for a while, just incase someone did decide to jump Terra, but officially the units were disbanded after Silver Shield. (exact date unknown, but before the creation of ROM in 2811 atleast).

Register