Author Topic: For Scrapyard Armory  (Read 3577 times)

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
For Scrapyard Armory
« on: 31 December 2017, 10:42:38 »
Here are some pics from our campaign game, late 3019.

This first group is from the defeat of a Liao attack on Formalhaut using his excellent game tokens.

1) Pursuit,... running down the guns as they head for the dropships. Motor infantry and medium armour pursue the retreating Liao artillery.

2) Fighting to the End,... Sung's Cuirassiers and Cochrane's Goliaths (mech and armour) go down fighting against AFFS combined arms combat command supported by heavy dive bombers

3) The End in the Air,... three Davion light wings running down a "retreating" Liao medium while two more AFFS heavy wings finish off Sung's last medium wing. Only 1 of 6 Liao wings got away to their dropships to fight another day.

4) Aerial view of the final moves

Anyone who has a tip on how to post the photo directly under the caption,... I'm all ears. I see the "img" icon above but,....
« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 12:27:51 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

"...Remember also the two "prime directives" in playing BattleTech:
1. HAVE FUN
2. DON'T LET YOURSELF GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE RULES THAT YOU STOP HAVING FUN"
Page 168 - Reunification War

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
Re: For Scrapyard Armory
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2017, 11:18:49 »
Here is a series from a battle just begun in Janaury 3020 as the Capellan's make a try for Demeter (2428). This one is being played out via Skype with myself handling the moderator tasks. Neither player sees the entire enemy force until formations are scanned or recce'd. Once most units have been spotted I have less to do as blip counters become the norm for units due to aerial searches and recon formations. Then I sit back and await results to be sent in.

1) The jump into the system (the DS are not assault wings but transports)

2) Turn 1 Combat in the Middle Zone

3) Turn 2 landing on planet and the Capellan Mechs march off from the DS zones.

4) Turn 2 conventional regiments on the right wing march towards the river crossing

« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 12:29:48 by The Purist »
Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assault of thought upon the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2017, 11:30:08 »
More on the battle for Demeter. Note all the Davion units are hidden at this point as the Capellans have not had a chance to conduct recce from orbit. As the Capellans moved out the Feds declined to move and give away their positions,... for now.

5) The Capellan left,... motor infantry and medium armour screen the left flank.

6) The Approach,... Davion Mechs wait for the order.

7) The Main Davion Blocking Position,.... Governemnt and Merc Mechs, armour and infantry deployed across the most open approach

8.) The Davion Center and Left.

1. HAVE FUN

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2017, 11:44:26 »
The Davion right and aerial views of the developing battle

9) The Davion Right,....motor infantry emplaced and screened by medium armour. Hex 0513 is a ford and can be crossed by wheeled and tracked vehicles.

10) The Gunner's View,.... Davion and Merc artillery view over the battlefield.

11) An aerial view of the battlefield. The capital is off the lower edge of the map but Davion has made the (3rd SW) decision to avoid a fight for the city itself.

12) Weight vs Manoeuvre,... the Capellan Mech battalions are made up of light (3), medium (4) and heavy (2) mechs. The Fed Suns battalions are medium (4), heavy (5) and assault (1). The Capellan Mechs are moving straight at the Fed Suns mech position. In the coming fight for a fix position with restictive terrain Capellan armour may have to carry an extra load to win.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 12:29:19 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

sfsct

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 01 February 2018, 21:34:38 »
How are you making your tokens.  Those don't look like the download ones?  Do you have an MDF core to make them thicker?

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2018, 21:01:23 »
That is everything I ever hoped for.  What a battle!  Tokens look great to!

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2018, 15:46:10 »
How are you making your tokens.  Those don't look like the download ones?  Do you have an MDF core to make them thicker?

If you would like to know how, stop over at my blog and read all about it!

The Purist

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2018, 00:37:28 »
If you would like to know how, stop over at my blog and read all about it!

Absolutely,.... the tokens are great for the game at all levels. I have five mixed sets for each house and six for merc/periphery forces. Despite the numbers I purchased I still run short for larger ACS battles such as Kessel (had to borrow from other Houses to deploy 23 commands on one planet).

Scrapyard did an excellent job on these.

« Last Edit: 28 October 2020, 17:10:20 by The Purist »

1. HAVE FUN

Register