Author Topic: A quick question about the IlKhan (not the book, the rank itself)  (Read 3004 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
After looking through my books and Sarna I was unable to find if the ilKhan has a rank marker or anything. Each Clan has a rank marker for their own Khan, but there seems to be nothing for the ilKhan, might it just be the SLDF/Cameron star?
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: A quick question about the IlKhan (not the book, the rank itself)
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2018, 03:19:40 »
IIRC wasn't their something about Ulric using a six star insignia in one of the novels?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2018, 03:37:17 »

It was good enough for Napoleon so obviously it's good enough for the ilKhan.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2018, 03:42:19 by Tai Dai Cultist »

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2018, 14:16:43 »
You know how the Khans wear ceremonial masks in Clan Council Meetings?  The ilKhan gets a special one.  It's a mask of Nicholas Kerensky's face, kinda like those Richard Nixon masks.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2018, 16:20:52 »
You know how the Khans wear ceremonial masks in Clan Council Meetings?  The ilKhan gets a special one.  It's a mask of Nicholas Kerensky's face, kinda like those Richard Nixon masks.

So a gold tint for ilKhan and a silver one for the ilsaKhan?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2018, 17:12:26 »
So a gold tint for ilKhan and a silver one for the ilsaKhan?

TT

The ilsaKhan would be a mask of Andery, but instead it's a paper bag with the word "Andrye" written on it in sharpie.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Blackhorse 6

• Night Stalker Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant
  • Uh huh...
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2018, 19:59:44 »
The ilsaKhan would be a mask of Andery, but instead it's a paper bag with the word "Andrye" written on it in sharpie.

That is slander.  The Coyotes may demand a Trial for your words.   8)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2018, 23:41:48 »
That is slander.  The Coyotes may demand a Trial for your words.   8)

This is actually why they destroyed that one Fire Mandrill Kindraa way back when.  The Coyotes WANTED to be the ones in charge of the ilsaKhan Mask, but the Mandrills managed to somehow best them in a Trial over the job (and trust me, no one was more surprised at this than the Mandrills).  Well, that was the result, and the Clans ARE sticklers for tradition.  And thus the Mask has persisted, although it's getting a little ripe.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 03 February 2018, 23:55:09 »
IIRC wasn't their something about Ulric using a six star insignia in one of the novels?

Not sure about 6, but IIRC, when Focht's artillery destroyed a Wolf Mech with 5 stars on it, he knew it was a Khan but didn't know which one it was.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2018, 05:08:44 »
I'll go with a golden Cameron star, but the idea of the plastic masks made me giggle :D
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2018, 08:38:11 »
Not sure about 6, but IIRC, when Focht's artillery destroyed a Wolf Mech with 5 stars on it, he knew it was a Khan but didn't know which one it was.

True Fotch knew Natasha was tearing up a flank so it wasn't her but he didn't know if Ulric had taken the field against them. But to be fair they got a lot wrong about the Clans in the early days. I'll have to check the earlier books and novels about it sometime this week.

EDIT: Clan Wolf uses the six star insignia in their Clan insignia because Nicky K chose them for his Clan as the IlKhan .... that could be what I was remembering.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2018, 08:39:49 by Tyler Jorgensson »