Author Topic: (Answered) Improved Communications design quirk, Drones, and Drone Controllers  (Read 3620 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
The Improved Communications design quirk prevents standard ECM from interfering with the unit that possesses the quirk.

I'm fairly certain I know what the answer will be, but how does this work for a drone and its controlling unit when one possesses the quirk but the other doesn't? Say a Lament (which doesn't have the quirk) is controlling a Celerity (which has the quirk) and the celerity is in the radius of an enemy ECM while the Lament isn't.

Is the link between the Celerity and Lament broken even though the Celerity isn't affected by the ECM? My assumption is that it would be, and both units would need to have the Improved Communications quirk in order to be fully immune.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2018, 14:04:49 by Xotl »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Improved Communications design quirk, Drones, and Drone Controllers
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2018, 14:04:43 »
Note that the Improved Communications quirk has been completely rewritten for the BMM (and will be backported to SO), losing its anti-ECM ability entirely, so the question is no longer valid.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Now I feel bad, I was going to say not to worry about it after the rewrite and forgot all about it.

Thanks for your work regardless.  ;D
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register