Author Topic: Army Builder Alpha Strike  (Read 52764 times)

RangerRob

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Campaign GM
Re: Army Builder Alpha Strike
« Reply #60 on: 21 April 2014, 06:03:58 »
Hmmm...downloaded the data file, opened it up but all I get is a blank Unit list with no way to add units to a roster.

Any Ideas?

Rangerrob

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #61 on: 21 April 2014, 17:57:50 »
Same  for me... :-\ :( :'(

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 22 April 2014, 23:12:07 »

I'm going to help both of you troubleshoot:

1. What version of AB are you using (the latest is 3.4c)
2. Please list which roster rules are enabled
3. Try it with a different faction.
4. Is your license active or expired
5. Did you download the file directly or through the AB updater?

I'm asking because I just downloaded it on a separate laptop with the latest army builder and chose "All Units" with the default options and all the units showed up.

« Last Edit: 22 April 2014, 23:24:23 by Ratboy »
Jim Williamson - CDT Agent #206
NJ, USA

RangerRob

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Campaign GM
« Reply #63 on: 23 April 2014, 06:01:37 »
Thanks Ratboy!  Made some changes, still no luck.

1) was running 3.3B...now 3.4c
2) Only roster rule checked is All Eras, All rules levels are checked, Skill selection (Manual skills)
3) Tried quite a few factions...no mechs listed.
4) Expired, but I figured I could just take a look at the lists.  Can do that with the other systems (40k, Fantasy, etc)
5) Directly...guess I need to do try and re-download it.
Rangerrob

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 23 April 2014, 06:09:25 »
Found the issue. Uncheck all the rules levels (you can use the filters to limit which units for which rules show up for now). What is happening now is when you check a rules level AB hides all the units not available for that level (so it is then hiding all units).

This will be corrected in the next update. It's meant to validate the roster against the rules level you select.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2014, 06:19:11 by Ratboy »
NJ, USA

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #65 on: 23 April 2014, 07:45:02 »
When is the next update going to be ready?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

RangerRob

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Campaign GM
« Reply #66 on: 23 April 2014, 13:43:27 »
Yep can see the mechs now.  Thanks Ratboy that did it!
Rangerrob

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 23 April 2014, 14:18:08 »
When is the next update going to be ready?

Soon. hopefully end of next week.
NJ, USA

Biker1999

• Recruit
« Reply #68 on: 28 April 2014, 22:00:10 »
New member to the forums here (but a LONG time Battletech player) so hello out there! Anyway, I've been getting into Alpha Strike lately and I just need to comment that the work that has been completed in Army Builder is simply fantastic...thanks! I was checking out some of my units on the Master Unit List and noticed a difference with the movement stat for the Jenner JR7-D. The movement rate in Army Builder shows 14/12j but the Master Unit List shows 14/6j. I will admit that the 14/12j seemed a bit strange but I don't assume anything! Once again, thanks for all the hard work!
Craig

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 29 April 2014, 09:55:33 »
Thank you!

The Jenner has been corrected and the new update is available (With TRO 3075 and TW units).
NJ, USA

Jarron

• Private
« Reply #70 on: 29 April 2014, 16:37:33 »
The mechanized infantry, all versions, and the foot infantry do not have images.  Don't know if that was intentional or not.

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 30 April 2014, 08:44:41 »
It was as the infantry units in the MUL do not either. I was able to grab a couple of infantry images from sarna.net, but I will try to fill them over time as I find images.
NJ, USA

swammeyjoe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #72 on: 30 April 2014, 12:26:24 »
Any news on whether or not the ability to print out "standard" looking cards will be coming? I really like the look of the MUL cards but downloading/printing my own can be a pain.

Biker1999

• Recruit
« Reply #73 on: 30 April 2014, 16:33:14 »
When trying to print using the Alpha Strike Advanced Unit Cards option, it notes that the unit cards print 1 (or 2) to a standard page. How do you get it to print 2 to a page? Like the previous poster, I'm looking forward to the simple standard card option as well.
Craig

Von Ether

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 30 April 2014, 16:57:13 »
Can one use keywords to find units with certain Special Abilities?
"New players, regardless of age, need to know two things about a wargame. How to blow stuff up and what faction is painted in his favorite color. All the rest can come later when they are hooked." -- A.G.
"But the problem is that it seems to have been made by someone who equates complication with complexity, and that just ain't so." -- iamfanboy

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: 30 April 2014, 17:15:04 »
Any news on whether or not the ability to print out "standard" looking cards will be coming? I really like the look of the MUL cards but downloading/printing my own can be a pain.

I was trying to get more units in the files first. I can move it up to the update after next.

When trying to print using the Alpha Strike Advanced Unit Cards option, it notes that the unit cards print 1 (or 2) to a standard page. How do you get it to print 2 to a page? Like the previous poster, I'm looking forward to the simple standard card option as well.

If you turn off printing of card backs, it will automatically print 2 per page. I do plan on resizing the cards, but it has not been high on the priority list.

Can one use keywords to find units with certain Special Abilities?

The AB datafiles are programmed with a plethora of filters to make finding and selecting units easier.
NJ, USA

Biker1999

• Recruit
« Reply #76 on: 30 April 2014, 21:54:32 »
If you turn off printing of card backs, it will automatically print 2 per page. I do plan on resizing the cards, but it has not been high on the priority list.

Hmmm...doesn't seem to automatically print 2 per page for me??
Craig

Von Ether

• Lieutenant
« Reply #77 on: 30 April 2014, 23:27:42 »
The AB datafiles are programmed with a plethora of filters to make finding and selecting units easier.

Which filter is that? Using the demo, filters seem to be confusing. How would I use them to look only for Mechs, any size, that have the RCN special ability?
"New players, regardless of age, need to know two things about a wargame. How to blow stuff up and what faction is painted in his favorite color. All the rest can come later when they are hooked." -- A.G.
"But the problem is that it seems to have been made by someone who equates complication with complexity, and that just ain't so." -- iamfanboy

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: 30 April 2014, 23:45:14 »

Hmmm...doesn't seem to automatically print 2 per page for me??

I'll look into that. I think it's an error in the custom output script.

Which filter is that? Using the demo, filters seem to be confusing. How would I use them to look only for Mechs, any size, that have the RCN special ability?

Filter > Group: Unit Type > Battlemech
Filter > Group: Special Abilities > RCN

The filter button is in the upper left corner. it has 3 concentric circles.
NJ, USA

Wildonion

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm just a few onions short of a patch.
« Reply #79 on: 07 May 2014, 21:56:14 »
Loving the data files. They are making list building a great deal easier and your updates have been jumping things forward nicely! The latest update has been a real joy from the printing side of things. I did have a question about bug/issue reporting, however. Is there a preferred means of contact on any incorrect unit stats?

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 07 May 2014, 23:05:43 »
Loving the data files. They are making list building a great deal easier and your updates have been jumping things forward nicely! The latest update has been a real joy from the printing side of things. I did have a question about bug/issue reporting, however. Is there a preferred means of contact on any incorrect unit stats?

Thank you.

Bug reports can be sent to the email address in the datafiles. I'd prefer to keep this thread for feedback and FAQ.

NJ, USA

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #81 on: 08 May 2014, 01:37:39 »
So, if I understand correctly, ARMY BUILDER is now a permanent license? I just wish to make sure, as it was the one thing that always stopped me in the past from purchasing Army Builder, the "good for 1 year" then can't use aspect.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #82 on: 08 May 2014, 08:35:56 »
So, if I understand correctly, ARMY BUILDER is now a permanent license? I just wish to make sure, as it was the one thing that always stopped me in the past from purchasing Army Builder, the "good for 1 year" then can't use aspect.

From their website:
"License purchased after August 1st, 2012, or extended past August 1st, 2013 under our old license managment scheme, do not expire"
NJ, USA

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #83 on: 08 May 2014, 09:32:23 »

From their website:
"License purchased after August 1st, 2012, or extended past August 1st, 2013 under our old license managment scheme, do not expire"

Yup, saw that, thought you were associated with ARMY BUILDER in some sort of 'official' capacity is all. My Bad.

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #84 on: 22 May 2014, 15:01:13 »
Any word on the next update?
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #85 on: 23 May 2014, 09:20:10 »
TRO 3085 in progress. Several personal "projects" took priority, but back on track now.

Any feedback on the basic unit cards from anyone?
NJ, USA

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #86 on: 25 May 2014, 04:44:54 »
So, I'm fairly confident the issue I am running into is not an issue with Army builder, but is instead an issue with Firefox/explorer, but can someone explain why when i print the files 9after exporting them) I do not get the stripes or diamond plate back or the white/grey background images?

Also, is there a way to print/export the images a little smaller? would love to see 4 to a sheet as opposed to 2, but if I need to rescale (after figuring out the background image aspect) that is fine with me.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 25 May 2014, 08:22:12 »
TRO 3085 in progress. Several personal "projects" took priority, but back on track now.

Any feedback on the basic unit cards from anyone?

haven't picked it up yet as my group is currently focused on shadowrun, but when I do I'm hoping there's not too many frills in the design to use up a lot of ink(beyond the unit image that is) as well as a printing option that saves paper.

An option to print them playing card size would be a huge plus since you could then use card protectors and dry erase markers.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #88 on: 25 May 2014, 23:01:25 »
haven't picked it up yet as my group is currently focused on shadowrun, but when I do I'm hoping there's not too many frills in the design to use up a lot of ink(beyond the unit image that is) as well as a printing option that saves paper.

An option to print them playing card size would be a huge plus since you could then use card protectors and dry erase markers.

The Basic cards are almost identical to the B&W ones from the MUL. You can put them in toploaders (4"x6") and use wet/dry erase markers. Another option is you can resize them smaller when you print them. The basic cards are still going through some tweaking and adjustments. I hope to get them down to 3x5 size and 4 to a page eventually.

2.5 x 3.5 may be too small. I will experiment with it and see if it is a viable option in a future release.
NJ, USA

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #89 on: 26 May 2014, 01:26:35 »
So, I figured out my issue with Printing....seems as I suspected was an issue with the print page options for Firefox. Need to set it to print background images.