Author Topic: Michishige Sayumi graduation announcement and other J-idol stuff...  (Read 23626 times)

reppa

• Sergeant
Re: Michishige Sayumi graduation announcement and other J-idol stuff...
« Reply #30 on: 09 November 2014, 17:44:24 »
Most country is corny & hard to listen to -- says the guy who lives with a whole bunch of country music fans...

I don't know if you get it/have seen it, but parts of MM'14's New York concert was on J-Melo -- What is Love?, Tiki Bun, etc...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #31 on: 09 November 2014, 18:46:52 »
Yeah, it looked like an awesome event! Too bad it was just too far for me to go at the time....
« Last Edit: 09 November 2014, 20:26:06 by MadCapellan »

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 09 November 2014, 19:46:07 »
Yup. I thought Harunan was adorable as always...
So, any thoughts on Maimi becoming Hello!Pro leader? I kind of expected this, too; well, a ShimiSaki/Maimi co-leader thing, more than just Maimi. At least she seems to get along with the other, younger group leaders, too.

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 14 November 2014, 06:53:03 »
Something that may please you, MadCap -- Perfume have a cameo appearance in the music video for OK Go‘s song I Won’t Let You Down...(I read about this at Selective Hearing...)

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 26 November 2014, 03:33:29 »
I guess it's official now -- Sayu's graduation was supposed to take place on November 26th. It's kinda weird knowing she's no longer in Morning Musume.

reppa

• Sergeant
MadCap -- I thought you might like this -- Momochi death stare when the crowd declares someone else is ichiban kawaii in Country Girls...

Have you seen any of the new stuff yet? I'm still mostly meh on the Country Girls, but Angerme's new songs are pretty good (Otome no Gyakushuu is one of my early candidates for song of the year) and the new-new group -- Kobushi Factory -- is threatening to takeover as my favorite Hello!Pro group...

Edited to add -- Kobushi Factory -- Nen ni wa Nen
« Last Edit: 31 March 2015, 03:45:51 by reppa »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I guess it's official now -- Sayu's graduation was supposed to take place on November 26th. It's kinda weird knowing she's no longer in Morning Musume.

Yeah, but the video for Shabadabado really helped me to accept it!

MadCap -- I thought you might like this -- Momochi death stare when the crowd declares someone else is ichiban kawaii in Country Girls...

Momochi has great facial expressions, they always seem so earnest!

Have you seen any of the new stuff yet? I'm still mostly meh on the Country Girls, but Angerme's new songs are pretty good (Otome no Gyakushuu is one of my early candidates for song of the year) and the new-new group -- Kobushi Factory -- is threatening to takeover as my favorite Hello!Pro group...

Edited to add -- Kobushi Factory -- Nen ni wa Nen

I actually hadn't heard about Kobushi Factory yet, so thanks for the link!  You can really see they've got the Hello Project! polish and professionalism! The song seems just okay, but I think I'll have to track down the actual single to tell for sure, the sound recording on TV shows is rarely the greatest.

I really enjoy Angerme's new single, but their name change is terrible. I  know it's supposed to be l'arme de l'ange or angel's tear, but it just looks like 'Anger Me". S/mileage was far more catchy and cheerful of a name!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Welp, it's finally happened, Tsunku's had to have his vocal chords removed......  :'(

reppa

• Sergeant
re: Angerme -- Hitler reacts to ANGERME

^^something rather demented...

This is supposedly the official video for Nen ni wa Nen, but this isn't from any official H!P channel, so I don't know if it really is...it's a live performance with the studio recording. Right now, my favorites are Ogawa Rena (as my avatar indicates -- she has the first solo line in the second verse), Inoue Rei (who has the first line, and is one of the main vocalists), and Nomura Minami (third solo line, first verse), but I really like this whole group.
Oh, and is a partial radio rip of their other song, Survivor, which was, I believe, one of the main songs from the play all of Kobushi Factory was in with Sudo Maasa...

And, yeah, the Tsunku news hit me pretty bad. I have a few friends in various bands -- most are vocalists, too, so...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
^^something rather demented...

Nooo, not Heavy Rotation!  ;D

This is supposedly the official video for Nen ni wa Nen, but this isn't from any official H!P channel, so I don't know if it really is...it's a live performance with the studio recording. Right now, my favorites are Ogawa Rena (as my avatar indicates -- she has the first solo line in the second verse), Inoue Rei (who has the first line, and is one of the main vocalists), and Nomura Minami (third solo line, first verse), but I really like this whole group.
Oh, and is a partial radio rip of their other song, Survivor, which was, I believe, one of the main songs from the play all of Kobushi Factory was in with Sudo Maasa...

Not bad!   How do you feel about Juice=Juice? I feel like their choreography could use some polish, but they've got a great classic Hello Project sound, almost like an update of Momusu circa 2003!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Speaking of Juice=Juice, looks like they're new single's at the top of the Oricon weekly chart this week! Huzzah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlkOq6dXBEc

reppa

• Sergeant
...novel coming...

I like Juice=Juice quite a bit -- my favorite is Kanazawa Rose Quartz Tomoko, but I do like them all. Takagi Sayuki -- with that dynamic voice -- is a blues fan -- in one of her recent blog posts she talked about some of her faves -- B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King, and Muddy Waters.

Have you heard the latest? In the new Hello! Station (#115), they have the partial lyrics version of Nen ni wa Nen, and there was an announcement -- another new unit made up of members of the Hello!Pro Kenshuusei -- this one's called Tsubaki Factory (tsubaki is camellia, like kobushi is magnolia). Shimizu Saki was part of the team selecting the name and new members, and she was the one to give the girls the good news. Hello! Station

And...Hello!Pro has another new show on the YouTube machine -- The Green Room -- hosted by Natsuyaki Miyabi and Tokunaga Chinami from Berryz...Green Room

Both Kumai Yurina and Sudou Maasa now have profiles on M-Line (which is the office connected to Hello!Pro where the graduated members -- MoMusu & others -- have their profiles).

Oh, and did you know Perfume has a new song?

reppa

• Sergeant
And another from me...

I believe this is the official version of Kobushi Factory's Survivor, but it's not on any official Hello! Project channel yet...

reppa

• Sergeant
And again...

A live performance from Tsubaki Factory...

This doesn't grab my attention quite like either of the Kobushi Factory songs, but they're just beginning, so there's plenty of time...

reppa

• Sergeant
Some Momochi for you, MadCapellan...

First, Momochi vs. farm animals...

reppa

• Sergeant
and now Fukuda Kanon has announced that she'll graduate in the Fall...

I can't say this surprises me all that much -- Maro was at the top of my list of expected graduations, though I really expected her to stay for another year or so...

reppa

• Sergeant
non-Hello!Pro very sad news -- solo idol Maruyama Karin has died...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
non-Hello!Pro very sad news -- solo idol Maruyama Karin has died...

Damn, that's depressing. Far too many good people falling to cancer recently, it seems.....

reppa

• Sergeant
Yeah. I actually hadn't heard of Rin-chan till I saw this news in a couple places (the evil book of the face, for one), so it's kind of weird how this particular has bothered me -- it's a real kick in the stomach...

Happier stuff, though -- a recent pic of Momoko...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I saw! Momocchi's lookin' mighty sexy there! Always loved her twin-tails, but this is a great look too!

reppa

• Sergeant
I know you don't really follow them, but possibly the most unique member of all the ***48 groups has announced her graduation -- the classical pianist Matsui Sakiko -- well, that's what she wants to do, and has been studying it at a music college. She's also released an al instrumental versions of AKB48 songs.

Unrelated to the ^^ , but Fukuda Maro has announced what she wants to do after she leaves ANGRYSMILES -- first finish college, the become a songwriter...
Since she's really good at the bitterness and angst, maybe she can try grunge...

reppa

• Sergeant
and another one -- Matsui Rena from SKE48 & Nogizaka46 is graduating at the end of August.

This one does kinda make me sad, since I think Rena and Jurina have a great partnership.

reppa

• Sergeant
and now Shimamura Uta of Country Girls has left -- very unofficial source

While I really can't pretend to be a fan of her's, I am sympathetic to the rest of the group, her fans, and Uta-chan herself -- especially since this sounds like another family vs. office dispute (similar to what happened in Juice=Juice with Otsuka Aina).

edited to add -- why I can't pretend to be a fan -- in a group I was very meh about, she was, for me anyway, the least appealing. She has that dead eyed vacant stare that creeps me out. My main nickname for her has been Deer in the Headlights-chan...

Not that I make any sense anyway...
« Last Edit: 12 June 2015, 12:20:08 by reppa »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
*Chuckles* Yeah, rumors were about on this one for a while. I wish her well, but certainly.not the end of the world....

reppa

• Sergeant
some of the fan-angst on Facebook is kinda scary...at least one person suggested that we'll see her in one of the ***48s soon...

Semi-related to my previous post -- Otsuka Aina is actually doing pretty good for herself now -- she's performing at various clubs (both with idol groups and artists).

reppa

• Sergeant
had to add this shot of Momochi-obaachan...

reppa

• Sergeant
Have you seen the new ANGRYSMILES video -- Mahou Tsukai Sally -- yet? I think it's ridiculously cute -- especially Murotan...(light blue dress...)

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Have you seen the new ANGRYSMILES video -- Mahou Tsukai Sally -- yet? I think it's ridiculously cute -- especially Murotan...(light blue dress...)

Yep! Absolutely loved it! I love remixes of classic Anisongs, and Sally and Angerme is such a great combination!  {>{>

reppa

• Sergeant
and it really helps that the girls are clearly having fun with this song...

Speaking of, I'm guessing you've also seen the new Fukuda Maro centered song, Extreme Hardships...

reppa

• Sergeant
saw this on the Facebook machine...apparently this is a real building in Fukuoka...

Register