Author Topic: (Answered) C3 and structures  (Read 1552 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
(Answered) C3 and structures
« on: 26 September 2014, 10:09:43 »
Can a C3 computer or Master be installed in a fixed building or mobile structure?  Are all hexes of that building necessarily part of that particular C3 network?

is it possible to put the C3 Master units for several companies into a heavily fortified building or fortress and send the those companies into battle withe one mech in each not on the net?  I wouldn't expect to treat the building as a member of the network, merely the bunker in which the computer is housed.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 23:27:45 by Xotl »
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) C3 and structures
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2017, 23:27:40 »
Buildings cannot be part of C3 networks, nor can mobile structures.

In addition, please note that C3 master units must be part of the network they're controlling, and that no unit can belong to more than one network at a time, therefore no unit can host the command computer for more than one network.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0