Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Primitive Griffin GRF-1A XTRO Primitives IV Funded!!  (Read 42776 times)

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
Anyone, anyone???

B-3,

This is the third fan fund I've done in the past few weeks and I'm a little puzzled why we have to have a third party collect and then reroute the money to you, Sir.  It smacks of inefficiency.  I understand it creates record keeping for you but you are the one getting paid after all. 

This is just my opinion and we know what opinions are like.

Mike

Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
I'm getting paid to produce these.  This includes: generating orthos, sculpting, molding, casting masters, hand delivering them to IWM and fielding dozens of emails amid all of that.  The more administrative chores others can do for these the more efficient I can be in production.
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
I got the brake job on my Jetta done earlier than expected today.  I'll go ahead and do all of the administrative work on this one.  I have sent PM's to as many as I was allowed to this hour.  :D

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
And I, for one, have replied thanks to the miracle of time zones :)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Updated the first thread that it has been funded.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
B-3 - I think your time may be better spent being creative. May I offer my services to administer this one? If it is not too late and cause everybody more confusion and issues by changing the lead from yourself to me.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
Payment sent!

Thanks B-3!

Heavyguard

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
B-3 - I think your time may be better spent being creative. May I offer my services to administer this one? If it is not too late and cause everybody more confusion and issues by changing the lead from yourself to me.

Thanks for the offer, I got this one. You are more than welcome to take the next one! :D

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
No problems, next time I will try to be quicker to offer my admin services.

Money is on its way to you via Paypal with my details in the message attached to the payment.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
Glad this got funded! I was away from the boards for a few days and missed this happening. If anyone drops out let me know and I will put up to $50 towards the project as needed.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Payment sent.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

txMaddog

• Sergeant
Payment sent!
Fan Fund the SC-V-1 "Vampyr" ScavengerMech!!  Why should the combat pilots have all the fun??

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Fundicator Funds Funded Forward!   :D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

rooneg

• Private
Umm, I'd be happy to forward along funds, but I haven't received any instructions yet. Where are they supposed to be sent to?

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Glad this got funded! I was away from the boards for a few days and missed this happening. If anyone drops out let me know and I will put up to $50 towards the project as needed.

Thanks!

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Umm, I'd be happy to forward along funds, but I haven't received any instructions yet. Where are they supposed to be sent to?

PM sent, sorry I missed you!  :P

rooneg

• Private
PM sent, sorry I missed you!  :P

No problem! Just sent my contribution.

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
I suppose I should mention on here that I sent mine as well. In case others like me are counting out many said they sent payment, versus number of pledges.
 :))

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
well these are going pretty fast!
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
payment sent

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
OK, I got all of the Fundicator info. compiled and sent to Speck!   O0

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Just as a side note, B-3 - you're not losing anything in the process forwarding to Speck?

Just my $70US had a roughly $3 fee on top. I paid the fee, so you got the money. Just if some gets scraped off by paypal/whatever between you and Speck, let us know so we can factor that in, in future.

Cheers,

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
Just as a side note, B-3 - you're not losing anything in the process forwarding to Speck?

Just my $70US had a roughly $3 fee on top. I paid the fee, so you got the money. Just if some gets scraped off by paypal/whatever between you and Speck, let us know so we can factor that in, in future.
Did you choose the "send money to friend/family" option?  That is free.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Not when it comes out of the credit card I keep for e-purchases, the one with the low limit :)

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
I think paypal may have changed their Ts & Cs, when we did the fundication for the primitive Rifleman I was able to use the pay friends and family option at no cost. When I went to do the same for the fundication of the primitive Griffin, paypal gave me the option of being charged $0.25 to transfer the funds from my bank account or over $1 for the priviledge of using my Visa card or for the receiver to pay the fees (I choose to pay the fees so that B-3 would not get shortchanged). It is probably still the cheapest way to get the money converted from AUD to USD and then transferred to B-3 but it is never nice when they change the rules on us  :(

EDIT - Fletch and worktroll - just checked the paypal website and sending money to friends in Aus using paypal balance or bank account is free (2.4% + $0.30 fee for credit/debit cards). Sending money to friends overseas using paypal balance or bank account is 0.5%-3.3% depending on the country (3.9%-7.4% fee for credit/debit cards depending on the country) 
« Last Edit: 14 April 2015, 18:51:26 by Feenix74 »

Fletch

• Captain
Smelly Paypal; 'Not always your pal!'

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
Paypal - still enormously better than the prohibitive fees banks charge on international account-to-account transfers, or money orders.  And linked to a CC I can dispose of if it gets compromised, still a good option.

Now the Aussie dollar heading downwards makes me weep more ... remembering 15 months ago where we were above parity ...  :'(

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Without going too far off topic, at least we got our last order in while the AUD v USD exchange rate was 0.77 last week as it dipped down to 0.75 this week and has now stabilised at 0.76.

It should also mean that the USD fundication we have contributed to the APCs/primitive Rifleman/primitivie Griffin has now appreciated in AUD. IWM fan fundication is a way of playing the international money market  ;) (my attempt to link this post back to the thread topic)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Just a FYI, I got all of the information to send the credit. This will be done in a few days, currently working on a project for IWM.