Author Topic: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links  (Read 15428 times)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Origin/Steam/UPlay ID - IonsRevenant
Re: List of Battletech Fanbooks, Projects, and links
« Reply #90 on: 02 April 2017, 05:04:46 »
Tagging...and do you have a list of the names or handles of the creators of these? (Would be good to keep track of that.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

"You will experience a tingling sensation and then death."
"...oh gods, I just tried to imagine herding mimetic cats." - Weirdo

worktroll

• Oldest and fatherless
  • Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #91 on: 02 April 2017, 22:20:02 »
Worktroll, try this using the freeware GIMP:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/convert-photographs-line-drawings-gimp-46192.html

Given it a go, BN, and looks worth a go! I do need to take fresh photos against a white, blank background though.

W.
« Last Edit: 02 April 2017, 22:27:14 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Blacknova

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Rugby Players - Inspiration for the BattleMech!
    • The Kapteyn Universe
« Reply #92 on: 05 April 2017, 01:48:51 »
Has a real early 80s production value feel.
Dedicated to committing viciously gratuitous bastardy of the first order.

You know there is something wrong with the FWL, when Word's spell check changes Impavido to Impetigo and Zechetinu to Secretion.

Red Pins

• Captain
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #93 on: 20 April 2017, 19:25:11 »
...As I struggle to figure out how to backup my fan collection, I note it is now 402 files, containing 1.41 GIGABYTES.  I can't keep it on the box anymore, and the external drive is almost full.

I'll have to figure out how to burn disks again.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
Glitter - the herpes of the craft supply world.

Daryk

• Major
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #94 on: 20 April 2017, 19:57:43 »
Spring for a TB drive... they're not that expensive these days...

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 20 April 2017, 20:33:49 »
I was going to, but I have about 20-30 blanks lying around.  Talk about how fast tech goes out of date.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #96 on: 28 May 2017, 14:12:28 »
Two comments:

May I  suggest 2 edits to the top post:
  • The implicit directions to have people contact you (with their email address in the request) for access to the drop box (it took a lot of reading for me to realize this)
  • A link to the dropbox (so that repeat access can be made by those with permission)
Thanks.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 14:22:26 by Revanche »

boilerman

• Warrant Officer
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #97 on: 03 June 2017, 22:39:58 »
Medron Pride has many items stashed on his website, including my Combat Support Field Manual.

http://www.pryderockindustries.com/
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 03 June 2017, 23:12:01 »
Medron Pride has many items stashed on his website, including my Combat Support Field Manual.

http://www.pryderockindustries.com/

Yup...   O:-)  I should have most or all, but thanks - I'll take another look.

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 23 July 2017, 10:39:09 »
Apparently, a facebook group called Battletech International has done up a book on the history of the unseens, showing their original art for the images, etc.

I've tried to find it, but because I don't want to join the group on my wife's account all I get is the 'Join the Group' public face.  Does anybody have this book, Unseens?  Is anybody already a member of the Group, or wants to join the Group, and can you tell me about the book?  Thanks!

Sigil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #100 on: 25 July 2017, 07:06:22 »
Apparently, a facebook group called Battletech International has done up a book on the history of the unseens, showing their original art for the images, etc.

I've tried to find it, but because I don't want to join the group on my wife's account all I get is the 'Join the Group' public face.  Does anybody have this book, Unseens?  Is anybody already a member of the Group, or wants to join the Group, and can you tell me about the book?  Thanks!

It's the Beta release of "Unseen: A History of FASA, Battledroids and BattleTech."  It is not intended for general distribution at this time.  The author was looking for feedback.  It's by the same person that wrote the Chronicles of the 69th Virginia Expeditionary Force and TRO: 3028.   >:D

The ToC is below:

FASA Corporation and Intellectual Properties
FASA Related Companies and Acquisitions
Battledroids
Other Early U.S. Robot-based Games
Battledroids Box Set
Notable Rules in Battledroids
Original Battledroids Setting
BattleTech: Second Edition Box Set
Notable Rules in BattleTech: Second Edition
CityTech Box Set
AeroTech Box Set
Fasa BattleTech Novels
TCI Plastic Models
Ral Partha and Early Battledroids and BattleTech Metal Minatures
Legal Issues and the “Unseen”
Comparison of Original Japanese Art with BattleTech Art

Technical Readout:  Battledroids, Early BattleTech, and the “Unseen”

ARC-3R Archer
BTX-7K BattleAx
BTM-6R Battlemaster
BHN-7H Behemoth
SAM-R2 Behemoth II
ARC-4R Bombardier
CST-3S Cestus
XBW-9J Crossbow
CRD-3R Crusader
FLC-4N Falcon
FIR-7B Fire Bee
FLE-15 Flea
GLD-3R Gladiator
GRF-1N Griffin
GRF-2N Super Griffin
HRN-7T Hornet
HBK-4G Hunchback
LCS-2T Locust
LGB-8C Longbow
MCK-5S Mackie
MAD-3R Marauder
OSR-2C Ostroc
OTT-7J Ostscout
OTL-4D Ostsol
PXH-1K Phoenix Hawk
PXH-HK2 Phoenix Hawk LAM
RFL-3N Rifleman
SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
SPI-5R Spider
STK-3F Stalker
STG-3R Stinger
STG-A5 Stinger LAM
TND-4T Thunderbolt
VLC-6N Vulcan
WHM-6R Warhammer
WSP-1A Wasp
WSP-105 Wasp LAM
WSP-2A Super Wasp
WLV-4E Wolverine
HNT-3R Hunter Light Support Tank
VDE-3T Vedette Medium Tank
DVE-1A Demolisher Heavy Tank
STK-1B Striker Light Tank
PGS-2A Pegasus Scout Hovertank
Jeep/GunTruck
APC/IFV
Hoverscout/HWVC
HVT

Notes Regarding Battledroid/BattleTech Game Statistics
Appendix

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #101 on: 26 July 2017, 01:08:48 »
...I would love to provide feedback, but I can wait, too.  I do have one question, though.  Will there  be any info on the latest Harmony Gold lawsuit, or is it too late to be included?

Sigil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #102 on: 26 July 2017, 05:45:15 »
...I would love to provide feedback, but I can wait, too.  I do have one question, though.  Will there  be any info on the latest Harmony Gold lawsuit, or is it too late to be included?

I updated it with the latest Harmony Gold filing last night.  There is enough interest on this topic right now that I released the BETA into the wild.  You may download the current release here:  [REDACTED]
« Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 06:07:22 by Sigil »

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #103 on: 26 July 2017, 20:00:49 »
 [drool]

Must - Download - Fan - Project...

This is yours, Sigil?  I hope this isn't a bother, what kind of feedback are you looking for?

Sigil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #104 on: 26 July 2017, 20:07:03 »
[drool]

Must - Download - Fan - Project...

This is yours, Sigil?  I hope this isn't a bother, what kind of feedback are you looking for?
Fact errors and major omissions are what I'm concerned with at this point.  The overall organization could certainly be improved and, of course, there are numerous typos but those are secondary considerations at this point.  Thanks for asking and thanks for taking the time to look at it!  Hopefully, you'll have a couple, "I never knew that!" moments!

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #105 on: 27 July 2017, 00:19:45 »
Um.  I can do spelling and grammar.  Facts and omissions about this are way over my head - its why I was so excited.  Let me know if you want a list of typos and stuff.

...BTW, amazing detail.  Kids are too in the way to finish reading it, thought, that's gonna have to wait until the weekend.

Red Pins

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: 28 July 2017, 22:10:00 »
Just finished it.

Dang.  Just - Dang.  Awesome.  I've never seen or even knew products like that existed in the early years.  (I bought mine in '85, but gave it to the local juvenile detention facility a couple years ago - I thought they needed it more, and I had to downsize.)

And this is the Beta?  This should be pinned somewhere so people can get an idea just how the game has evolved over the years, I found it really informative.

One note, though, perhaps it needs an introductory page explaining the TRO entries are from official products over the years, and group them into Battedroids, Battletech Mk II, then TROs 3025-on?

Seriously, magnificent work.  WELL DONE!   O0

Register