Author Topic: Primitives? and printing?  (Read 2985 times)

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
Primitives? and printing?
« on: 23 June 2017, 01:34:29 »
Two Questions
First I was looking to make some primitive units up from the TRO's and could not figure out how to give primitive engines and cockpits. Am I just blind, I saw the armor and all that, where it makes a difference is in heat sinks the larger engine holds more of the heat sinks internal. I ended up just making the unit underweight and rolling with it.

Second I am using the development 43.2 version of the game to track and come up with contracts/OPFOR and such for a table top campaign that I am playing in. The issue I have is that when I tell it to print all forces involved in the fight it just prints blank pages, any idea what I am doing wrong?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Primitives? and printing?
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2017, 06:18:03 »
On designing primitive units, make sure you're set to experimental tech, then change the cockpit type to primitive. That switches over all the rest. Not exactly elegant, but it is what it is.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2017, 19:42:11 »
On designing primitive units, make sure you're set to experimental tech, then change the cockpit type to primitive. That switches over all the rest. Not exactly elegant, but it is what it is.

Thank you, it may not be elegant but once you know it is simple enough, any suggestions on how to get it to print sheets?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2017, 19:54:41 »
Thank you, it may not be elegant but once you know it is simple enough, any suggestions on how to get it to print sheets?

Not sure. I remember there was a problem with some build or other of Mekhq where it wouldn't print record sheets. You could try downloading Megameklab as a standalone. Though it's more of a hassle.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2017, 20:39:01 »
follow up question, can you do patch work armor under MegaMek?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2017, 20:47:23 »

yep, for mechs - set the tech level and the patchwork will appear in the armor drop down.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 21:51:55 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2017, 21:00:02 »
[/quote

yep, for mechs - set the tech level and the patchwork will appear in the armor drop down.

Thank you away from my computer with MegaMek or would have looked there.

Register