Author Topic: "Agents of SHIELD" unofficial INHUMAN thread  (Read 44330 times)

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
Re: "Agents of SHIELD" unofficial INHUMAN thread
« Reply #60 on: 25 December 2015, 06:06:28 »
I picked up Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Blu-Ray for Christmas, and watched the first seven episodes tonight.  Some thoughts:

1) The design for the Fridge on AoS was modeled on the Vault.

2) It is a good thing that Ultron didn't know what facility Doctor Hall had been moved to by Hydra.  In The Breakout Part 2, Graviton lifts the southern portion of Manhattan Island.  He could have performed the same ELE that Ultron wanted.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #61 on: 25 December 2015, 12:37:06 »
Avengers: EMH was a good series.  I was very disappointed when Disney killed it in favor of the decidedly inferior Avengers Assemble.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 25 December 2015, 13:43:45 »
Now I have something to look for. I enjoyed the early A:EMH stuff.
GreenDragon, are the pre-ep 1 shorts also included in that collection?

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 25 December 2015, 16:44:45 »
While not Agents of shield specific it does go for the franchize..  BUT on some spoiler type site called Zerg net, they was hypothesizing that the character Sam Jackson played in Pulp fiction (Jules winfield) after leaving the 'assassin business' changed his name and BECAME Nick fury, and joined SHIELD..  Cause you see a clip of his 'grave stone' which nick visits in Captain 2; the winter soldier, where the same phrase that Jules says "The path of the righteous man", is on the grave stone..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #64 on: 25 December 2015, 18:17:04 »
While not Agents of shield specific it does go for the franchize..  BUT on some spoiler type site called Zerg net, they was hypothesizing that the character Sam Jackson played in Pulp fiction (Jules winfield) after leaving the 'assassin business' changed his name and BECAME Nick fury, and joined SHIELD..  Cause you see a clip of his 'grave stone' which nick visits in Captain 2; the winter soldier, where the same phrase that Jules says "The path of the righteous man", is on the grave stone..

That's... VERY unlikely, but is kind of a fun idea I'll admit. The flaw in it is that if Fury has worked his way up by the time we meet him in Iron Man to be as important in SHIELD as he is, how on earth did he rise that fast from the last time we saw him in Pulp Fiction? He's not much older in Iron Man than his Tarantino alter-ego would have been.

Not buying it. It's fun, but... no.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 25 December 2015, 19:00:58 »
Now I have something to look for. I enjoyed the early A:EMH stuff.
GreenDragon, are the pre-ep 1 shorts also included in that collection?
It starts with the five solo adventure episodes (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap, Ant-Man and Wasp).  Which, I'm told are the shorts in compiled form.  I haven't actually seen the shorts to confirm.  The Breakout is actually the 6&7 episodes.

Live Long and Prosper

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #66 on: 25 December 2015, 19:25:05 »

Sorry, but the Tarntino-verse and the MCU dont equate well.  WWII was different for example
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #67 on: 23 January 2016, 21:45:14 »
Just realized something.  The old HYDRA insignia - as seen on Agent Carter.  It is an inverted V.  Isn't Baron Zemo (Captain America:Civil War) also known as Citizen V?

Live Long and Prosper

Medron Pryde

• Captain
  • Life's a beach, enjoy the sand between your toes
    • P.R.I.
« Reply #68 on: 24 January 2016, 13:26:29 »
He is...:)
Col Medron Pryde - DropShip Irregulars - Phoenix Hawk LAM - A Proud Browncoat

RSM Regstav Pryde - Battle Corps Legion - BattleMaster BLR-K4
Angel Strike - They thought they'd killed us.  They were wrong.  We struck back...
Pryde Rock Industries - Your Source for awesome BattleTech programs
My Deviant Art Page
Jack of Harts - updated daily
Strike Force - a fanmade RPG supplement for Alpha Strike

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 10 March 2016, 09:51:51 »
So the show is back on...and taking hints from Arrow...

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #70 on: 10 March 2016, 10:06:31 »
Had trouble getting into this episode. I wanted to. I've been excited for SHIELD to come back since... well, the last episode. But I really had trouble getting into this for some reason.

Two things that did jump out at me though:

1) Continuing to wonder about the developers' plans for Daisy. Go back to season 1, watch her in that, then watch season 3 again, and it's not a stretch to wonder if this was the plan for the character to begin with, or if this is a 'quick, change things for XXXXX reason!' alteration to the character. I think what did it for me was her mention of her hacking days- now she hardly ever touches a computer, instead taking over a Ward/May 'ass-kicker' position almost entirely. We'l likely never know the reality of it either way, but I do wonder if they just felt painted into a corner with hacker-Skye and decided to just keep the background but make her into a nearly-new character due to writing trouble.

2) More on-point, did CthuluWard just dissolve like the sandman from Spider-Man III? Is that what I just saw him doing? Because that's a little weird, guy. I know they'll likely take their time with it, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the first time Coulson meets The Walking Grant... that's going to be epic.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 10 March 2016, 12:20:00 »
Apparently Ward is now Hive

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 10 March 2016, 14:28:54 »
Had trouble getting into this episode. I wanted to. I've been excited for SHIELD to come back since... well, the last episode. But I really had trouble getting into this for some reason.

Two things that did jump out at me though:

1) Continuing to wonder about the developers' plans for Daisy. Go back to season 1, watch her in that, then watch season 3 again, and it's not a stretch to wonder if this was the plan for the character to begin with, or if this is a 'quick, change things for XXXXX reason!' alteration to the character. I think what did it for me was her mention of her hacking days- now she hardly ever touches a computer, instead taking over a Ward/May 'ass-kicker' position almost entirely. We'l likely never know the reality of it either way, but I do wonder if they just felt painted into a corner with hacker-Skye and decided to just keep the background but make her into a nearly-new character due to writing trouble.

While i agree, they have seemed to ignore the whole hacker part of Daisy's backround, that is imo an evolution of her character growing into her powers.. 

2) More on-point, did CthuluWard just dissolve like the sandman from Spider-Man III? Is that what I just saw him doing? Because that's a little weird, guy. I know they'll likely take their time with it, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the first time Coulson meets The Walking Grant... that's going to be epic.

It did look like he disolved..  And i agree, the meet up will be epic. 
Heck i would love to see what lash does if he ever met 'cthulu ward'..

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #73 on: 10 March 2016, 15:48:30 »
The writer's have claimed to have it planned all along.  For example, Quake is the adopted daughter of a former director of SHIELD.  On the show, she developed a father/daughter relationship with Coulson.

Live Long and Prosper

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #74 on: 10 March 2016, 15:50:07 »
The writer's have claimed to have it planned all along.  For example, Quake is the adopted daughter of a former director of SHIELD.  On the show, she developed a father/daughter relationship with Coulson.

Oh that she became Quake, no doubt- I don't dispute that at all was from day one. Where I have the question is her exact role- was she intended to eventually become the combatant-only character she is now, or did that come about because they didn't want to really use the super-hacker side of her anymore and so she got more of a combat role as a result?

Sorry, should have phrased that a lot better.

+Crow T. Robot+

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #75 on: 10 March 2016, 18:17:35 »
They actually mentioned her hacking background this week, and she used her computer skills a little bit late in the first half of this series. 
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #76 on: 10 March 2016, 18:54:18 »
They'd have to tone down her hacking ability just to avoid having the show turn into "Daisy is a total Mary Sue."

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 11 March 2016, 01:28:15 »
Which imo they are doing anyway with her powers/being such an ass kicker..

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 11 March 2016, 01:32:06 »
It's a hazard of Joss Whedon productions, but they're at least trying to keep her from turning into a do-everything character full time.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 11 March 2016, 14:34:29 »
That's one of the reasons S1 was da bomb for this..  No one was the 'do everything' character...

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #80 on: 11 March 2016, 15:37:24 »
I was hoping, but alas, that Thunderbolt Ross was going to be tasked with heading up the ATCU.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #81 on: 11 March 2016, 15:53:42 »
Would have been cool, but I thought it was kind of obvious who they were going to select.

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #82 on: 13 March 2016, 20:35:48 »
So, watching Ultimate Spiderman.  A couple of guest stars this week.  Doc Connors' associates, Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons.  Played by  Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge. 

So its only a matter of time before Ming-na Wen does another Disney cartoon.

(side note: General Talbot - Adrian Pasdar - has been the voice of Tony Stark for the last several years, just made the connection today.)

Live Long and Prosper

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 16 March 2016, 05:56:13 »
Thoughts:

1) That meeting was the first step on the road to the Accords.  And Malick called the shots.  And Baron Zemo, another head of HYDRA, along with Crossbones, a HYDRA agent will be in the coming movie.  Zemo has posed as a hero in the past.  I suspect the Accords will be authored by HYDRA.  That this is a new attempt at exactly what INSIGHT intended to do.

2) Curious how the name of a New York Attorney, one who first appeared in Daredevil, ended up on an Australian Government official.

3) Is it just me, or has Brett Dalton been working out?

Live Long and Prosper

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #84 on: 16 March 2016, 07:38:09 »
Yeah, I was amused by that. I'm not sure if he bulked up or if we just kind of adusted to seeing him so gaunt and Walking-Dead-esque the past couple of weeks that it accentuated his suddenly healthy appearance, but he definitely looked healthier, to say the least. (Half expected him to speak in an Austrian accent to someone off-camera and say "Your clothes. Give them to me")

Due to a series of distractions I missed a good portion of this one, to my dismay- I was able to keep up with the basics, but a lot of the dialogue and such got missed.

+Crow T. Robot+

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 16 March 2016, 12:20:18 »
Yeah, I was amused by that. I'm not sure if he bulked up or if we just kind of adusted to seeing him so gaunt and Walking-Dead-esque the past couple of weeks that it accentuated his suddenly healthy appearance, but he definitely looked healthier, to say the least. (Half expected him to speak in an Austrian accent to someone off-camera and say "Your clothes. Give them to me")

Due to a series of distractions I missed a good portion of this one, to my dismay- I was able to keep up with the basics, but a lot of the dialogue and such got missed.

Distractions.  I take it you meant all the interruptions from 'politics' breaking into the show with updates (that we all saw anyway by being on the "ticker" at the bottom 1/5th of the screen)..

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #86 on: 16 March 2016, 12:59:38 »
Distractions.  I take it you meant all the interruptions from 'politics' breaking into the show with updates (that we all saw anyway by being on the "ticker" at the bottom 1/5th of the screen)..

No, actual distractions from my phone and such. Let's leave those politics out of here, if we can please.

+Crow T. Robot+

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 16 March 2016, 15:16:03 »
(Half expected him to speak in an Austrian accent to someone off-camera and say "Your clothes. Give them to me")
Wouldn't he be asking his old mentor John Garrett that?  ;)

Live Long and Prosper

Xtrahmxwohld

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Utinni! A beton nya mombay m'bwa!
« Reply #88 on: 16 March 2016, 15:24:46 »
I call that my children not knowing when to shut up.  They have a knack of speaking at the worst times and not having any desire to speak in low tones.  >:(
CDT Agent #319

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #89 on: 16 March 2016, 22:19:09 »
No, actual distractions from my phone and such.
Severe storm warnings here.  Covered about 1/8th of the screen, including a nice ticker that covered the subtitles when Mr. Medusa spoke spanish.  Because I really needed so see the radar map in motion during the whole show.  WTF is wrong with TV stations these days?

Register