Author Topic: Changing Hex Size in ISW  (Read 2098 times)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
Changing Hex Size in ISW
« on: 30 June 2016, 18:32:59 »
OK something that came up a bullet point post in a thread within the last was that the IS is the size it is because of the 30ly jump radius, you make it smaller and people can get around the whole thing too quick.

Well as it stands it's too big for the sort of whole system ISW I think people want to run, and that need to run so that the kinks in the system can be worked out.

Now the obvious solution to me is to shrink the entire game board so that it's smaller and faster playing, but my first point raises concerns, if you do this as things stand a force can jump from from the FS to the FWL and back without going through CC controlled space, so obviously the patch is to also shrink the jump distance as well.

The net effect of this is that the hexes are smaller, but can anyone see any problem resulting from this?

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
Re: Changing Hex Size in ISW
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2016, 21:30:14 »
I'm wondering if you are looking for an odd solution to a very reasonable question.

Well as it stands it's too big for the sort of whole system ISW I think people want to run, and that need to run so that the kinks in the system can be worked out.

If what you want is a way to run a smaller game of ISW with fewer players capable of kicking the tires to pave the way for a larger and longer game, then why not look for a smaller conflict?

We have a huge volume of smaller scale conflicts with Historical source books to generate data from.
  • War of 3039
  • Ronin Wars
  • Reunification War (two fronts)
  • Andurien Succession
  • Operation Klondike

I'm not saying that your idea does not have legs.  I just want to suggest a different strategy to achieve the same end goal.