Author Topic: Slow Load Times for forums  (Read 3058 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Slow Load Times for forums
« on: 06 July 2016, 04:00:53 »
For the past couple of weeks, no matter where i am.  I've been noticing when i post to the forums, that the website can end up loading for while.  I've refreshed, frank it doesn't work all the time.

I've done internet test speeds on my end, its nothing that comes up that wrong.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
Re: Slow Load Times for forums
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2016, 05:13:20 »
Don't expect much of a meaningful response.
Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2016, 14:19:52 »
For the past couple of weeks, no matter where i am.  I've been noticing when i post to the forums, that the website can end up loading for while.  I've refreshed, frank it doesn't work all the time.

I've done internet test speeds on my end, its nothing that comes up that wrong.

I don't handle the coding side of things, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary from either home or the office. Can you give any further details? Browser, time of day, etc.? Might help the code ninjas out a bit.

Don't expect much of a meaningful response.

...lovely.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2016, 14:36:55 »
I don't handle the coding side of things, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary from either home or the office. Can you give any further details? Browser, time of day, etc.? Might help the code ninjas out a bit.
I no coder either, thou I've know internet actions enough something odd is happened.  I've check my computer, for viruses and other problems.  Didn't find anything, however its only bg.battletech.com it's happening.

When I'm on (when it happens), i notice that as i changing threads or posting, the webpage just cycles.  Last night, it keep going for couple minutes. I hadn't copied the post, so i didn't want to lose the post.  I managed to backpage get it, copy it shut browser down (Firefox) make sure it wasn't just the browser. However the other two tabs that were on were not anymore power/memory needed. Easily went to another page loading it within seconds. 

I've noticed this problem over last couple of weeks, I'm not sure it was issue with my carrier. However, when I'm somewhere else. Using different computer, it still happens occasionally. Up to now, I've dismissed it and lived with it.  Last night was pretty bad, i used a test website see if our website was still up, was still up.

Could host be overloading once in while?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2016, 14:50:31 »
Could host be overloading once in while?

Yup. There's a replacement in the works, but it's not ready for primetime yet.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2016, 14:54:31 »
...lovely.

Only speaking from experience.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2016, 14:58:53 »
Only speaking from experience.

And yet this thread demonstrates that past performances are not indicative of future results.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Wikkid

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2016, 15:39:57 »
And yet this thread demonstrates that past performances are not indicative of future results.

One can hope.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2016, 18:54:11 »
Yup. There's a replacement in the works, but it's not ready for primetime yet.
Thanks Peter, sorry pester you guys!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2016, 08:17:53 »
Thanks Peter, sorry pester you guys!

Not pestering at all, that's what this end of the forums is for- to report problems with the site (and to make pointless snarky jabs at the staff, I guess?). If the issue comes up again let us know and we'll get Knightmare on the job, if we can pull him off one of the half-dozen other things he's working on at any one time.  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2016, 13:56:19 »
Should move a little faster, but improvement will be limited...
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan