Author Topic: Stage 4 Modules not in A Time of War ...  (Read 1604 times)

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
Stage 4 Modules not in A Time of War ...
« on: 18 September 2016, 21:41:07 »
Good evening, everyone.

I'm GM'ing a game and one of the players wants to create an older DCMS character and the idea for him includes having multiple tours of duty under his belt along with serving as an instructor at a Military Academy as well as a year at Kensai Kami.

Has anyone ever created modules for either of these types of things?
If not, what suggestions do you have for creating these?

Thanks for the help, guys!!!

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Stage 4 Modules not in A Time of War ...
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2016, 07:47:55 »
Well, Stage 3 isn't necessarily a "I was here for 5 years in a row" kind of thing. You can fluff it as being broken up over time, so if he went to the Academy and took OCS, you could fluff it as him having gone to the Academy, and then coming back later in life and taking OCS/Kensai Kami.

As for being a trainer, I'd probably just have him spend the points that are leftover at the end to get the skills that he wants from that. Or you could modify the University lifepath to make it a bit more military orientated.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2016, 12:43:58 »
Alternately as a variation of what has been suggested just have them take OCS at Stage 3 with their regular training at Stage 3 and hand wave that it actually came later in life if need be then for being an instructor I like to use Civilian Job and just hand wave away the whole non-military field thing.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2016, 16:49:24 »
That's a very good point... there's hardly anything I do in my current tour at the Pentagon that couldn't (or shouldn't) be done by a civilian.

Register