Author Topic: Alternate take on Twilight of the Clans  (Read 7787 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Alternate take on Twilight of the Clans
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2017, 17:15:45 »
If a Clan can't stand on it's own, it's worthy of absorption.
That's why both the Wolves and Falcons went to such lengths to prove their strength following the Refusal War. If they hadn't, other Clans would have tried to absorb them.

Wasn't there a bit of protection for Clans involved in the Invasion that stopped heavy attacks on them?
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2017, 17:38:38 »
Wasn't there a bit of protection for Clans involved in the Invasion that stopped heavy attacks on them?

Technically, yes. The homeworld assets of the Invaders were to be untouched, but I'd think the Jaguars weakness would have created a feeding frenzy regardless.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2017, 18:08:10 »
Get the Clan's resources?  Yes, just like what happened in the official timeline.

But the pathetic warriors who lost to the barbarians of the Inner Sphere?  Wouldn't be worth it to most Clans.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 02 March 2017, 22:39:56 »
So putting aside my wacky alternative timeline ideas for a sec. If the jags beat serpant and bulldog does not come what happens?

At best the jags could have a single Galaxy left after serpent but if they win that fight do they just face wave after wave of trials of possesion like the spirits did at their end?

But say they manage to somehow hide that how could the jags have rebuilt?

Recall every true born in solahma and open the rolls to freeborns?