Author Topic: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks  (Read 97535 times)

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
Re: The Sohei: O5P Warrior Monks
« Reply #240 on: 09 April 2017, 22:30:22 »
Tai Dai Cultist, I am still hashing over the 5 man squad issue. Haven't decided yet.

Thanks Daryk, its coming along. Good luck on Foxhaven, I look forward to seeing whatever your inspiration can come up with for future character.

Wow Doc_Argen a lot of good stuff! First off I love the Jurassic Jake and Kevin Sinclair, very nice. Sorry about the oversight on the SOAR (Red) now added.

We could use the Daimyo HQ 67-K I suppose. It does appear to be available in limited numbers. What do you think?

The Ono is a prototype design based on the Hitotsume Kozo first seen in MWDA. My buddy Gus got the miniature and we both really liked it. So I went to work fitting it into the time period using what is available to produce a pretty solid Mech, at least I think so. Love to hear what you guys think. I am still working on the fluff but the stats are below for your inspection.

I like the two new member but where should I post them with the Hand of Kannon? If so I'd prefer to get them in Combat Vehicles rather than BattleMechs. The characters I like very much. I will hold off on posting them until I hear from you.

SOH-E1 ONO

Mass: 55 tons
Chassis: Geometric Class 55 EndoSteel
Power Plant: Hermes 330 XL
Cruising Speed: 64.8 kph
Maximum Speed: 97 kph, 119 kph w/TSM
Jump Jets: Geotec 300
   Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armor: Durallex Special Medium
Armament:
1 Lord’s Light 2 Extended Range Particle Projection Cannons
2 Blankenburg Medium Pulse Lasers
Manufacturer: Blankenburg Technologies
Primary Factory: Soul
Communications System: OmniComm 3 with C3 Slave
Targeting and Tracking System: Starbeam 3000

Type: Sohei
Technology Base: Inner Sphere - Level 2
Tonnage: 55 tons

Equipment                        Mass
Internal Structure:         EndoSteel         3
Engine:            330 XL         12.5
Walking MP:         6 (7)
Running MP:         9 (11)
Jumping MP:         6
Heat Sinks:            12 (24)            2
Gyro:                           4
Cockpit:                         3
Armor Factor:            184            11.5

Internal Structure   Armor Value
Head            3         9
Center Torso         18         26 / 9
R/L Torso         13         20 / 6
R/L Arm         9         18
R/L Leg         13         26

Weapons and Ammo      Location      Critical   Tonnage
Hatchet         Right Arm      4      4
ER PPC         Left Arm      3      7
Medium Pulse Laser      Right Torso      1      2
Medium Pulse Laser      Right Torso      1      2
Triple Strength Myomer   Right/ Left Arm   3/3      0
C3 Slave         Head         1      1
Jump Jets         Center Torso      2      1
Jump Jets         Right Torso      2      1
Jump Jets         Left Torso      2      1

OK, folks I went back and updated the roster one more time. Glad to say we have some commitments already, marked {IN THE WORKS} [claimant]*. Kind of a cool thing I wanted to note is that seven of nine Oniwaka platoon commanders have already been finished or claimed by seven different writers. I'd like to get two more different writers to finish the final two infantry COs, please let me know if your interested.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 22:48:14 by Takiro »

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #241 on: 09 April 2017, 23:20:13 »
SOH-E1 ONO
My only issue with it is at this time the DC mechwarriors had issues with Hatchets, to quote Sarna
"Among the other realms the Draconis Combine managed to capture a few examples of the Hatchetman and successfully copy most of the design to produce their own following the War of 3039, however the 'Mech proved to be unpopular and the program was canceled. Hoping to salvage the project Independence Weaponry experimented with the design and eventually created a variant more palatable to Kuritan pilots."
"HCT-5K
    The Draconis Combine captured many HCT-3Fs, but could not convince their samurai to pilot a 'Mech that wielded a "barbaric" axe. It would be many years before the Combine engineers developed a more elegant weapon and even more until they modified their Hatchetmen to utilize it. Developed by Independence Weaponry in 3075, the 5K is protected by nine tons of armor and swaps out the signature Hatchet for a more graceful and accurate Sword."

Daimyo HQ 67-K
My vote is yes, to be honest it a better MHQ

I like the two new member but where should I post them with the Hand of Kannon? If so I'd prefer to get them in Combat Vehicles rather than BattleMechs. The characters I like very much. I will hold off on posting them until I hear from you.
To be honest, they should be grouped with our support personnel, Along with Combat Engineering, Medical, Admin staff, Tech Staff.  Yes they have Mechs, but well they use them do their JOB.  Hatchet makes a good building/modify or digging tooI.  That why I had them in Mule as Cargo.  But this couple jumped out of my head and well needed to get out.  Now the rest of the Combat Sappers will be vehicles or infantry.

I love the Jurassic Jake
O0   It would make sense that the Mule was transferred from the Covert O5P fleet.  And well Kevin is a covert operative as well

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
  • DR? NSR? Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the HMG!
« Reply #242 on: 09 April 2017, 23:39:38 »
Update to Bravo Lance 2

Rokudan Aika Gunma (Elite 2/3). An orphan from Marlowe's Rift in the Galedon District, Gunma lost his family to a AFFS raid in 3024 (age 3). Taken into the Order he was noted for his martial skills and leadership. However, he had a temper and hated all things Davion. Gunma was sent to the Sun Tzu School of Combat and excelled in Mech combat. He received his first Mech, a Panther just in time to fight in the War of 3039. He was assigned to the 2nd Galedon Regulars. He survived the war and was promoted to Gunsho and was transferred to multiple units in his salvaged Warhammer (converted to the 6K model). While transferred he continued to work as an informant for the O5P without the knowledge of his DCMS superiors. At the beginning of the Clan War, he was a Tai-i in the 4th Pesht Regulars and one of the few survivors of combat against the Smoke Jaguars. While recuperating on Pesht, during which he spent hours in sims to gain important skills for a rematch against the Clans, he was removed f
rom the unit and placed in the new Sohei due to his Clan combat experience. He was assigned a Warhammer 7K for his new role as a Lance Commander.

Sandan Hyi-joo Wantanabe (Veteran 3/4): Born in 3019 on Kaesong in the Rasalhague District, Wantanabe was conflicted by the various cultures on her home world. He mother’s side was Jopal, her father was of Japanese descent and a police officer and there was a significant Rasalhague presence as well. In 3028, her mother’s family murdered her father and killed her mother and several guest visiting the family. She survived but was taken in by an O5P orphanage. Noting her quick wit and anger when pushed into tight situations, the order trained her in various martial arts (SOMEONE ADD THREE HERE! I’M AT A LOSS) to focus her anger. In 3034, during the Ronin Wars she started receiving Mechwarrior training. She was assigned a Whitworth and took part in several operations against Ronin to protect various O5P facilities. While the purpose of the mech was to use her LRM’s in support she often charged in to finish off opponents with her lasers. She captured an Archer 2K and viewed the mech as a natural upgrade. The Order then had her assigned her to the 27th Dieron Regulars. Due to her gender, mixed heritage, crime history and temper she never was promoted higher than Gunsho and was often demoted. However her good looks enabled her to gather plenty of information from officers, enlisted and local leaders.  During the Clan War she was one of the few survivors of the Clan Ghost Bear attack. After rescue she was recalled to the Order and assigned an.    Archer 5R

Nidan Leo Mertens (Elite 2/3) The rich scion of a joumu torishimariyaku of the Diplan Mechyards on Aix-la-Chapelle, Leo would not seem to be a typical recruit for the Order of Five Pillars. Raised from birth (3021) to take a place in the corporate hierarchy as the past seven generation of his family had, Leo rebelled at every opportunity. He would spend most of his days play simulator games in lower class slums to escape his father. In 3039 a DCMS recruiter noticed his high scores and asked his father permission to send him to the University of Proserpina. Hoping that a military experience would give him discipline and scare him back into business, his father agreed. The War of 3039 postponed his time at Proserpina and he was sent to Galedon to train there. After the war Mertens found he was an excellent light mech pilot and sniper. When not in his mech, he would travel the wilderness of whatever planet he was stationed on to practice his sniper skills. However in a mech Mertens preferred to use his Spider’s mobility to backstab larger more dangerous prey. Also at University he was inducted into the Order at the urging of his lover. He often served as an overwatch for her on missions. Graduating in 3043 Mertens was assigned with his lover to the 1st Proserpina Hussars as a Scout Lance Chu-i. His lover was killed on Port Arthur against the Smoke Jaguars. While on refit he was assigned an experimental Venom SDR 9K and used it to take down a Jaguar Masakari while on a raid. After this he was sent to rejoin the Order’s newest elite unit.

Shodan George Hayashi (Veteran 2/4) George is huge man, who rarely speaks. Born in 3031 on Dieron, George was the son of poor Eta laborers. George was noted for his size and strength as well as his single mindedness to solve problems. He often spent time at the local Order monastery and would quietly meditate at the shrine. The Abbess began to test George, mentally, emotionally and physically. Impressed with what she saw, she inducted George into the Order in 3045. While his size (He stands 2.12 meters tall and weighs 120kg) would imply that he would be best suited for infantry or marine service, as would his small arm scores and hand to hand skills, George was extremely accurate at long range shots in mech simulations. Known that the need for a well-rounded Order his Abbess had him enrolled in the Dieron Military Gymnasium. Graduating in 3050 George was assigned to the 3rd Benjamin Regulars and took part of their stand on Asgard. After withdrawl he was removed from duty with the DCMS and assigned a custom Crab 27 (2 ERLL, 1 ML, 1 tag, 1 SL, 14 DS, extra ton of armor.) While he pilots his mech, he still likes to spar with infantry and has an extensive collection of small arms.

Bravo lance tactics: Bravo lance will form with Gunma and Hiyashi in line with 90m between them. Wantanabe will be between them but 60-90 behind. Mertens holds a flank position depending on terrain and operate as a scout or flanker as needed. The lance prefers to mid range skirmish under the umbrella of Wantanabe’s LRM’s once the enemy closes they focus fire and create distractions for Mertens to jump and backstab. Often Wantanbe is inclined to close and then Hiyasha will fall back as a long range sniper.
User formally known as Snowfire
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #243 on: 10 April 2017, 05:34:55 »
Okay folks, the roster has once again been updated to reflect O5P_Ghost's Bravo Lance (which is now completed) and suggestions by Doc_Argen (added Support Personnel and changed the Mobile HQ to a Daimyo HQ 67-K).

Regarding the Ono and new technologies in general the DCMS seems slow to adopt anything innovative. Even C3 Computers really didn't take off that fast in my opinion but here in the Sohei whose mission is to engage the Clan's in duels and win technological innovation is a must. The Ono reflects this effort well as it showcases several level 2 innovations like the hatchet, triple strength myomer, and C3 Computer that the samurai of the DCMS will not do immediately. There is also a historic link about the hatchet and the Sohei with its usage being an old norm.

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #244 on: 10 April 2017, 12:58:25 »

Anna Sokolov born 3020 on New Samarkand is a lifelong member of the Order. She never knew her parents but is not an orphan and is in fact a 13th generation Order member. Raised from birth to serve the Order, Anna received a traditional education and was expected to enter the medical arm of the Order. As she became a teenager her martial arts instructors noticed her skills and shifted her to the martial side of the order. She became a traveling instructor in Krav Maga, Aikidio and Wing Chun. She also excelled at small arms and small unit tactics and spent a tour in 3045-3047 as a space marine protecting ivory shipments. In 3050, she was trapped on Turtle Bay by the Smoke Jaguars. She led a resistance group after the events of the Orbital Bombardment. She was extracted with some survivors in late 3051 and after recuperation was transferred to Soul and the Sanctum Bellorum as an infantry platoon leader. She was also assigned an experimental new Battle Armor, the Kage, to work out any bugs and difficulties.

Anna stands 1.81 m tall and is not a typical Combine female. She is blonde haired and blue eyed and outside of combat extremely bubbly and talkative. She collects baby dolls and children’s toys, and enjoys to wear the highest fashion, including 10 cm heels. However, in combat she rarely speaks and has a single minded focus. Her preferred small arm is a Blazer rifle and a stun staff. She also likes a Clan vibrosword she took from Edo. for close in work. She can move quite silently for her size. She has started learning demolitions after the events on Edo.

(Stole pic from Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/pin/548102217126104962/)
« Last Edit: 12 April 2017, 13:19:29 by O5P_Ghost »
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #245 on: 10 April 2017, 17:34:48 »
I just got the lance commander for the Mobile Assault Lance to balance in AToW (no mean feat with an assault mech)... now all I need is a back story and a name...

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #246 on: 10 April 2017, 19:57:23 »
Absolutely fantastic O5P_Ghost, I have added Anna Sokolov to the Oniwaka. Now I just need one more writer and one more platoon commander. Maybe Tai Dai Cultist or Archangel would like to contribute? ;)

I have reserved the Mobile Assault Lance Commander for you Daryk! :)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #247 on: 10 April 2017, 20:03:19 »
Thanks Takiro!  My oldest daughter sucked me into StarCraft tonight, so I didn't have enough time to do a proper back story.  And what the heck?  The autocorrect camel cased StarCraft automatically, but still doesn't do "Battlemech"...

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #248 on: 10 April 2017, 20:52:55 »
Regarding the Ono and new technologies in general the DCMS seems slow to adopt anything innovative. Even C3 Computers really didn't take off that fast in my opinion but here in the Sohei whose mission is to engage the Clan's in duels and win technological innovation is a must. The Ono reflects this effort well as it showcases several level 2 innovations like the hatchet, triple strength myomer, and C3 Computer that the samurai of the DCMS will not do immediately. There is also a historic link about the hatchet and the Sohei with its usage being an old norm.

I think part of the reason in canon that most nations screwed up the technological innovation was how the 3050 Tech Readout was done.  How many of the "upgraded this on this design, and see what happens.  I mean a warhammer 6D logical upgraded, never done was 2 ERPPC and DHS.  Instead of logical upgrades it was "oh look new Shiny" lets put it on our mech.  The Panther gained a ER PPC and found a heat issue.  Could have been fixed with DHS in canon it took way to long to make the correct fix a real design.

I like the Ono mech design my only issue was the Hatchet at that time based on DCMS attitudes. 
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #249 on: 11 April 2017, 05:31:21 »
Daryk enjoy StarCraft, its a good game. Have played it in a while but I love the Thor and Odin. ;)

Just remember Doc that the Sohei are not the DCMS a fact that will be made obvious to them. One it is needs based; they look at the Clans and realize in order to keep the Sohei needs every innovation the Combine has. Two they are setting an example for the entire Combine; in many ways their public coming out and very attempt to stand up to the Clans are powerful statements to the entire Draconis nation that we can beat the Clans. Three a sped up futuristic theme; the Sohei (along with the Ono) ties in with other story angles to show that events have begun to overtake everyone including those who believe themselves ahead of the game.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #250 on: 11 April 2017, 15:59:40 »
Kris Stuer Hantā ハンター “Hunter"  
She is leads the Recon Commandos or the Burakkureidāsu.  In the field she carries a suppressed SMG and pistol and a VibroSword as well as 3 balanced razor sharp throwing blades, while wearing a Combo Sneak Suit (Camo/ECM/IR) and carrying explosive equipment for demolition duty.  She has no clue where she is from or who her parents might be, instead all she knows as family is O5P.  She stands all of 5'6" and 145lbs.

Recon Commandos or the Burakkureidāsu ブラックレイダース (Black Raiders)   Elite Infantry
based on this idea http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Commando_(Infantry)
Ours are trained Anti-Mech Jump Infantry with Combat Engineering Training all wearing a Combo Sneak Suit (Camo/ECM/IR) and carrying explosive equipment for demolition duty, their weapons are normally suppressed weapons and edged weapons.  They are all Orphans raised in O5P monasteries, and taught the ways of waging irregular warfare in manner that were deemed "dishonorable" and "beneath" the Samurai.  They were assigned to support the Sohei as O5P knows that all means of bringing death to Clans are needed.

If you see the Burakkureidāsu when they are not engaged in the field you might think they are anything other then highly trained commando.  You might think they are Joy Girls, Nurses, Astechs, or other Support Staff Roles, but never does the idea that they highly trained killers.  These shinobi are highly trained in the arts of espionage, sabotage, infiltration, assassination and guerrilla warfare.  They are all skilled in hand to hand, as well armed and ranged combat. 

updated wih picture
« Last Edit: 28 September 2021, 17:11:38 by DOC_Agren »

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #251 on: 11 April 2017, 18:10:03 »
I really like the idea Doc! I could maybe lower the height requirement a little for them but they have to make it physically. Other than that I really like this platoon a lot.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #252 on: 11 April 2017, 18:15:03 »
Thanks Takiro!  My daughter and I managed to gain two Mastery levels in Co-Op last night, but the default Terran faction doesn't have access to Thors or Odins.  Medics and Siege Tanks rock, though! O0

For Doc's latest idea, I think the height requirement should definitely be relaxed.  These are the people dedicated enough for special forces, but simply not big enough to pilot BA.

As far as that lance commander...

Hisoka Matsumoto is a very unassuming man.  Barely 155 cm tall, he easily blends into average Combine society, though his well concealed martial arts skills would put paid to those assumptions.  As a scion of a family that has long served the O5P covertly, it was relatively easy to insert him into the 5th Galedon Regulars.  What wasn't easy was pulling him back from the shattered remnant that retreated off Jeronimo in 3050.  The 5th Galedon 'mech he piloted at that point (a Charger) was little more than a wreck, but his cover remained intact until he was safely back among the Order.  His conduct on Jeronimo reflected his personality: quiet professionalism.  Since Turtle Bay, the few who know him would characterize his demeanor as "implacable".  His parents lived in Edo.  The Order was sufficiently impressed by his conduct on Jeronimo to send him to OCS upon his return, and he now leads the 2nd Mobile Assault Lance of the Sohei's 2nd Mobile Assault Company piloting a brand new Victor-9K.  He focused on improving his gunnery during OCS with impressive results, and the gauss rifle of his new 'mech is perfectly suited to killing Clanners.

Selected AToW Stats:
Modules: Blue Collar, Military School, Family Training, Tour of Duty, Covert Ops (both of the latter with the 5th Galedon Regulars), OCS
Mech: VTR-9K
Significant Skills:
Code: [Select]
Skill       Level TN
Gunnery/Mech 6 2
Martial Arts 5 3
Piloting/Mech 5 3
Protocol/Combine 5 4
Perception 4 3
Small Arms 4 3
Sensor Operations 3 5
Technician/'Mech 3 6
Career/Soldier 3 4
Computers 3 5
Navigation/Ground 3 4
Tactics/Land 3 6
Language/Japanese 3 5
Leadership 3 5
Melee Weapons 3 4
Climbing 2 5
MedTech 2 5
Interest/Homeworld History 2 6
Survival/Forest 2 7
Interrogation 2 7
Training 2 7
Acrobatics/Gymnastics 1 6
Communications/Conventional 1 6
Investigation 1 8
Streetwise/Combine 1 7
Interest/Military History 1 7
Stealth 1 7
Cryptography 1 8
Running 1 6
Swimming 1 6
Gunnery/Artillery 1 7
Administration 1 7

Ice Hellion

• Master Sergeant
  • Part-time builder of fallen empires
« Reply #253 on: 12 April 2017, 00:05:04 »
What if we went for pure Japanese unit names?

The Command Lance would become the Tsukai Dokoro (the aides-de-camp units, since I don't speak Japanese I don't know if Dokoro is only plural or can also be singular), the Mobile Assault units would become the Yabusame or Kasagake Dokoro (Yabusame and Kasagake being the name of mounted archery techniques in Japan).
In turn they tested each Clan namesake
In trial against the ice hellion's mettle.
Each chased the ice hellion, hunting it down.
All faild to match the predator's speed and grace.
Khan Cage smiled and said. "And that is how we shall be."

The Remembrance, Passage 5, Verse 3, Lines 1-5

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #254 on: 12 April 2017, 08:05:39 »
Great job Daryk, I will add your Mechasenshi when I get home.

Awesome topic to discuss Ice. I'd love to hash over subunit names. Some have some already. Like the concept!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #255 on: 12 April 2017, 13:10:25 »
I really like the idea Doc! I could maybe lower the height requirement a little for them but they have to make it physically. Other than that I really like this platoon a lot.

To be honest and blunt, they will most likely run the rest of your infantry forces into to the ground.  They just not Amazons or Viking Warriors and if you were to put them into Battlearmor you will have taken them into a role they are not designed for.  They are designed to blend into the background and strike from the shadows if need be.   So I do hope that you would consider their role and give them an pass to the height requirement.

For Doc's latest idea, I think the height requirement should definitely be relaxed.  These are the people dedicated enough for special forces, but simply not big enough to pilot BA.
Thank you for your support here

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #256 on: 12 April 2017, 15:19:33 »
Doc I do like your infantry platoon for sure, I suppose we could relax the requirements slightly.

How about this - I see it there is two ways to go in regards to infantry. One keep the Oniwaka as the evolving Armored Infantry arm of the Sohei or should we have a new overall infantry force with the Oniwaka as a part of them?

What do you think of Ice Hellion's Japanese subunit names??

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #257 on: 12 April 2017, 19:05:25 »
Thanks Takiro!  I like Hisoka, so I'm glad he's found a home that will help him hit back at the Clans for his parents.  Also, thanks for making me find out a 2 gunner/3 pilot was possible in a chosen (faction) Assault 'mech with OCS.  It's not something I would have considered otherwise.

As far as the infantry question, I like the idea of a larger force that the Oniwaka are just a part of.  There are a HUGE variety of infantry roles that don't require giants to do, and Doc's is definitely one of them.

I also like Ice Hellion's idea, but not being a native speaker (or any kind of speaker, for that matter) of Japanese, I'm not sure how useful they'll be.  English is still the default language of the BattleTech universe, so there's nothing inherently wrong with using "standard" names.

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #258 on: 13 April 2017, 10:58:55 »
Thanks Takiro!  I like Hisoka, so I'm glad he's found a home that will help him hit back at the Clans for his parents.  Also, thanks for making me find out a 2 gunner/3 pilot was possible in a chosen (faction) Assault 'mech with OCS.  It's not something I would have considered otherwise.

As far as the infantry question, I like the idea of a larger force that the Oniwaka are just a part of.  There are a HUGE variety of infantry roles that don't require giants to do, and Doc's is definitely one of them.

I also like Ice Hellion's idea, but not being a native speaker (or any kind of speaker, for that matter) of Japanese, I'm not sure how useful they'll be.  English is still the default language of the BattleTech universe, so there's nothing inherently wrong with using "standard" names.

3 of my characters have non English names. I was going to chose an Azami too but I figured since the Order was about Combine culture and the Azami are a Nation within a NAtion they would be less inclined to be part of the Sohei. Hell, THEODORE Kurita is Coordinatoor so why not a George Hayashi or a  Hyi-joo Wantanabe (Korean/Japanese mix)  or Anna Sokolov (lots of Russians in Combine space)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #259 on: 13 April 2017, 22:02:36 »
A second Oniwaka member

Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova 
Born on Dnepropetrovsk in 3027 and standing in at 6’4” and just under 200 lbs. she has been mistaken before more as a man then woman.   Her hand to hand training is in Sambo.  As well as being a crack shot with her Sternsnacht Claymore Heavy Pistol.  She command a platoon of Motorized Heavy Armored Infantry or as they are known Heruhaundo

Motorized Heavy Armored Infantry or Heruhaundo  ヘルハウンド “Hellhounds”    Vet
based on this idea http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Heavy_Infantry
Ours will be carrying Laser Rifles backed by Semi-Portable Particle Cannon.  If they are deployed correctly they can hold off a lance, and require you to send a Company worth of assets to dig them out.  They were raised by the O5P as a defensive force, yet have been transferred to Sohei as a combat unit against the clans.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #260 on: 13 April 2017, 22:34:43 »
O5PGhost   Anna Sokolov and Aya Fujioka I can see becoming friends over dress up.

Ice Hellion's idea of going with Japanese names, I do like.  I have done a bunch of research into Japanese to name my units, most of the “Fleet” and  both callsign for people and their rides.  Yet Daryk does point thet most of us speak/write english and it the default language for CBT. 

3 of my characters have non English names. I was going to chose an Azami too but I figured since the Order was about Combine culture and the Azami are a Nation within a NAtion they would be less inclined to be part of the Sohei. Hell, THEODORE Kurita is Coordinatoor so why not a George Hayashi or a  Hyi-joo Wantanabe (Korean/Japanese mix)  or Anna Sokolov (lots of Russians in Combine space)
I have a #of people here, including 1 who is “Irish” Dubhlainn O’Malley yet from Tok Do.  Another Kevin Sinclair has been acting the part of a Fed Sun expat for so long he is convincing.. Part of the charm of the universe just because your name is ex, doesn’t mean you aren’t from here.

As for renaming our over all Infantry force making the Oniwaka just part of it
Keibi-tai: Guard Unit
or give that the O5P has marine forces of their own already let go to from history of WWII
Rikusentai: were an interwar advance by the IJN toward true marines, away from a World War I practice of simply forming shore parties from ships’ crew.
https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2015/12/31/rikusentai-special-naval-landing-forces/

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #261 on: 14 April 2017, 11:31:42 »
Hey gang been pretty busy of late just a quick check in now. Doc I added Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova to the Oniwaka but have placed the Kris 'Hantā' Stuer and her Recon Commandos or the Burakkureidāsu (Black Raiders) in limbo. Yes I want them in the Sohei - just trying to place them as either a support force or one of five infantry forces. What do you think of them having a rivalry with DEST? I imagine O5P have had such special commandos for years. And what of the Nekakami, any relation?

I have plans for the Rikusentai as well - think you may see the DCA field some regiments soon. Any other subunit names for the Mech companies?

The benefits of have such a massive star empire with a population of billions is a certain cosmopolitan diversity. ;)

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #262 on: 14 April 2017, 12:38:13 »
Hey gang been pretty busy of late just a quick check in now. Doc I added Tanya “Xena” Skrypnikova to the Oniwaka but have placed the Kris 'Hantā' Stuer and her Recon Commandos or the Burakkureidāsu (Black Raiders) in limbo. Yes I want them in the Sohei - just trying to place them as either a support force or one of five infantry forces. What do you think of them having a rivalry with DEST? I imagine O5P have had such special commandos for years. And what of the Nekakami, any relation?

I understand Takiro, Kris 'Hantā' Stuer and her Recon Commandos or the Burakkureidāsu (Black Raiders) are going to require a special place to call home.  You could slip them into support arm, I would not object much.  Yes I could very well see the Burakkureidāsu and DEST having a rivalry much like SEAL6 and Delta Force.  Two groups of highly skilled and nearly fanatic operatives who might have been assigned to same mission by different commanders both loyal to the same state.  The Nekakami  8)  who are these people you speak of mere rumors.. 8) :-X

I have plans for the Rikusentai as well - think you may see the DCA field some regiments soon. Any other subunit names for the Mech companies?
I will be interested in how you use them.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #263 on: 14 April 2017, 12:45:24 »

The benefits of have such a massive star empire with a population of billions is a certain cosmopolitan diversity. ;)

I'll do a shameless plug for a DCA combat formation I once posted.  You may find inspiration or relevance in how I named & organized the organic Marine Battalion (as opposed to DCMS infantry).  Then again, maybe not.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #264 on: 14 April 2017, 15:45:35 »
Plug away Tai Dai Cultist!

I don't want to get off topic but I had planned to use the Rikusentai (Naval Landing Forces) as Draconis Marines for this campaign in the future. Assembled by the DCA these formations take pride in their ability to fight in almost any kind of environment. Yes, I had envisioned them with 'Mechs.

Would the Burakkureidāsu fit with the Kunoichi? I was thinking female ninjas would fit nicely with the O5P. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #265 on: 14 April 2017, 16:09:07 »
I don't want to get off topic but I had planned to use the Rikusentai (Naval Landing Forces) as Draconis Marines for this campaign in the future. Assembled by the DCA these formations take pride in their ability to fight in almost any kind of environment. Yes, I had envisioned them with 'Mechs.
I'm think I might suggest the name to Dragon Cat for his DCA force using LAMs.   

Would the Burakkureidāsu fit with the Kunoichi? I was thinking female ninjas would fit nicely with the O5P. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunoichi
I have no idea what you might be talking about   8) :-X  All the great Ninjas clans disappeared many hundreds of years ago.  Don't you remember Storm Shadow's Original File Card  and the quote at the bottom. ;D

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #266 on: 15 April 2017, 19:30:29 »
Yes such a LAM force would be ideal for Marine operations like the Rikusentai (Naval Landing Forces) would engage in.

Exactly, so who can say if the Burakkureidāsu exist at all. ;)

I just finished up the commander of the Hand of Kannon, hope you guys enjoy the write up!

Miyuki Suzuki – The commander of the Hand of Kannon is simply known as On'na Ienaga or Matriarch by the Sohei. Only a few years younger than Siriwan Kuna she is one of the oldest members of the entire unit and perhaps the most well liked. Her kind voice and charming attitude endear her to many people almost instantly which she uses effectively in her command role. Working from a state of the art Daimyo Mobile Headquarters she effectively directs the Hand of Kannon while coordinating with local forces to maximize the Sohei’s combat operations. This coordination can range from intelligence gathering to recruitment of auxiliary troops where possible. Suzuki’s newest venture off the battlefield is a business-related partnership with Independence Weaponry which owns most of the industry on Soul. Drawing upon her family’s ancient roots as a premier motor company the joint enterprise could soon see a new vehicle manufacturer being established to provide equipment for the Sohei and the DCMS.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #267 on: 20 April 2017, 15:49:26 »
Two more to join the force
Jeremiah “Bullfrog” Bullton Vet Mechwarrior      He calls his ride “Raganok"
Jeremiah has served O5P a mech operative for 10 years.  He has served the order as a spy, he was born in Styx in 3020.  Serving as a Merc has allowed him to “see” the stars and report back via the Covert Fleet intel he gathered.  His Ride is an older Thunderbolt built in the TC that has been upgraded to the 7M model standards (if possible swap the ER LL and 2MG and ammo for ER PPC).
Jeremiah is loud and uncouth individual, most of this comes from his cover as Merc.  Those wild color on the shirts he wears off duty are a sight to behold, and yes he can tell great stories and no one is 100% sure if they are complete tails or main of truth and lies.  He carries a well used and loved Sternsnacht Python Auto-Pistol on his right hip, and on his left hip cross draw is a .454mag Revolver that he claims he once brought down a Locust mech with 4 shots.  Jeremiah is his real 1st name, but Bullton is not his last part of a well designed cover by the O5P claiming he was from the Grossbach in the TC, but he will answer to it now as if it is his own, honestly much better then his own.

Kim Mi Sun Nikkō 日光 “Sunshine”      Vet Pilot
Born on Nykvarn in 3020, it was obvious from birth that she had a natural ability to think like a pilot.  Her Aunt who was a O5P watcher managed to get her into Aerospace & Interstellar Institute and get her trained as an Aerospace Pilot.  She served 8 years in service to DCA most of that time flying a Sai and doing double duty filing O5P reports.  After her homeworld was lost to Clan Smoke Jaguar and she found her that her brother was dead at their hands along with the rest of Nykvarn Armored Battalion, she sort of lost it.  She started to try to upgrade her fighter anyway possible in order to kill the Clan Smoke Jaguar.  When the failure to keep grain vital to overcoming the planet's annual plagues, occurred she lost rest of her family on Nykvarn. 
When she is ready to fly, wears a Bright Yellow Flight Suit and Helmet the reason for her callsign.  Her Current Sai has been modified with a ER PPC and 12 DHS installed and still backed with 4 ML.  Her Sai is painted to look like the Rising Sun.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #268 on: 20 April 2017, 22:32:42 »
Nice job Doc! I'd like to place Kim Mi Sun with Yoko Kijo [Ice Hellion] in the Tennyo's Second Flight Third Aerolance. Both are veteran aerospace pilots who fly a Sai but I am undecided of just who to make the Lance Commander and who gets to be the wing person in this case. I am leaning toward Kim cause she seems to have more experience in the DCA and an aerofighter while Yoko seems to be a newbie from their bios. I'd love to hear what you both think on the matter.

Bullton fills out not only Battle Lance 1 but the whole of Battle Company as well. Before we talk about the company as a whole I'd like to discuss Lance 1 as we have all the characters. What is our nickname, tactics, quirks, interpersonal relationships, etc...
Tanaka ‘Shadow’ Nakamora, Elite, WHM-6Rk Warhammer [Takiro]
Jak ‘Two Guns’ Warren, Veteran, WHM-6D Warhammer [Doc Argen]
Tomoe ‘Banshee’ Yoshinaka, Veteran, ARK-5R Archer [Doc Argen]
Jeremiah ‘Bulldog’ Bullton, Veteran, TDR-7M Thunderbolt [Doc Argen]

Still waiting on Calderon to finish up David Sakamoto who will be a platoon commander in the Oniwaka.

Ice Hellion is currently working on a lance for VTOL Company in the Hand of Kannon.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #269 on: 22 April 2017, 12:10:58 »
Okay on Kim Mi Sun with Yoko Kijo, who should be Flight Lead in our Sais, I think Yoko might be a better Flight Lead, given Kim hatred of all Clanners and Yoko might be able to act as a break on her rash behavior. 

1st Battle Lance      Name: Surejjihanmā   スレッジハンマー Sledgehammer
Jak ‘Two Guns’ Warren and Tomoe ‘Banshee’ Yoshinaka have faced Clanners as professional soldiers of the DCMS, and are looking for payback.  Jan is trying to get his mech upgraded to a logical upgrade (never done in canon WTF, take a 6D upgraded the PPC to ER PPC and HS to DHS)
Tanaka ‘Shadow’ Nakamora and Jeremiah ‘Bulldog’ Bullton not listed with Clanner Fighting Experiences.  With Tanaka having served as Warrior Monk and Jeremiah as a Merc. 

My idea: Banshee stays back and provides fire support, covered by Two Gun and Shadow in a forward V and Bulldog in Tbolt will tip of the Spear.   But honestly how we fight will depend on how much Shadow and Bulldog listen to what Two Guns and Banshee have to say about fighting Clanners. 

Jak and Tomoe, are combat vets from O5P ops in the DCMS, as such they will be able interact as the quiet professionals.  Jak and Jeremiah will have a friendship over slug throwing pistols.  Honestly reading their histories Tanaka  and Jeremiah are complete opposites (they will either love or hate each other).  I will be honest and say Tomoe finds Jeremiah an annoyance, and he finds her interesting.

Register