Author Topic: AdeptiCon, March 2017, Chicago IL  (Read 2033 times)

Ian Wagner

• Recruit
AdeptiCon, March 2017, Chicago IL
« on: 13 January 2017, 16:11:51 »
Will there be any CGL demo(s) or tournaments occurring at AdeptiCon this year? 

Edit:  Nevermind  ::)  They finally have their event schedule up at the AdeptiCon site, Battletech in one form or another aallll weekend!
« Last Edit: 13 January 2017, 16:29:23 by Ian Wagner »

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: AdeptiCon, March 2017, Chicago IL
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2017, 10:38:29 »
Yup, the CGL Demo Team is going to be there. If you have any questions about the events, feel free to ask. I can't guarantee we'll answer all of them (no, you don't get to find out what the Open Tournament forces are before the tournament date) but we'll certainly get back to you.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2017, 17:38:04 »
Is there any charge for catalyst events?

And a question for Adepticon vets about the con in general, are there many just show up and play games and/or events? Game demos?  I know there's all kinds of tournaments, but I'm more after casual stuff.  I plan on going to check out the dealer's area again, but I'm considering springing for a badge this time.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2017, 23:21:15 »
Is there any charge for catalyst events?
If you want to guarantee yourself a spot, then you can buy a ticket. Otherwise, you can show up and if we have a spot, we'll fit you in.

And a question for Adepticon vets about the con in general, are there many just show up and play games and/or events?
Not hugely. There are a great deal of tournaments. There is a demo section on the Adepticon schedule, but compared to the "big" events, the demo stuff is fairly limited.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

CCYDNE

• Recruit
    • CCYDNE Hobbies Facebook
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2017, 20:40:16 »
I noticed that the Open 3.0 Rules are being used at AdeptiCon.  Would anyone happen to have a copy of the blank scoring sheet that was available as a PDF on bg.battletech.com??  Trying to get tournaments started at my store and also encouraging veteran players to attend AdeptiCon if they can get away.  Thanks!!!
CCYDNE Hobbies
Cheap Crap You Don't Need, Enterprises
Lebanon, MO, USA

Specializing in the stuff you think you just can't live without.