Author Topic: Phoenix, AZ Alpha Strike, Feb 18  (Read 1852 times)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
Phoenix, AZ Alpha Strike, Feb 18
« on: 08 February 2017, 12:39:02 »
Battletech - Alpha Strike
Operation Bulldog

Feb 18, Game Depot (Tempe) @ 1pm

Scenario Brief: June, 3059. The forces of the reconstituted SLDF push forward in a second wave of attacks on the Smoke Jaguar occupied worlds. One focal point is Luzerne, where the defending 4th Provisional Garrison Cluster, Sixth Striker Cluster, and Kappa Galaxy Command Trinary of the Jaguars face a dizzying array of Star League attackers...

Force Composition: Each player will control a 500 point group of Alpha Strike forces. All units must be available during the Clan Invasion in 3059 according to the Master Unit List. All units that are represented by the correct, painted miniature gain the "Lucky 1" pilot ability (ASC p54). GM-provided forces will be available as well. No aerospace. Special abilities not in the Standard Alpha Strike rules will not be in effect. (Note that on-board artillery has been added to the standard rules as of the 2.1 errata.) Lance Initiative will be in effect, so all forces must be grouped into the minimum number of groups (groups of 4 or 5, depending on faction).
Defender Forces: Clan Smoke Jaguar, IS Clan General. Max 15 units, grouped by fives.
Attacker Forces:One of the following two choices

Any single Inner Sphere faction, IS General, and Mercenary General, Max 16 units grouped by fours.
Clan Nova Cat or Clan Wolf in Exile, IS Clan General. Max 15 units, grouped by fives.

Terrain: The battle will be played on a 4'x8' table with hills and canyons. We'll have at least two tables, and will split players evenly between the tables so that we don't have more than four players per table. Setup will be along the long edges.

Advanced Rules: Glancing Blows, Lance Initiative

Victory Conditions:
The side that still has the most points on the board at the end of the game wins. (Crippled units do not count for points.)

Recklessfireball1

• Master Sergeant
Re: Phoenix, AZ Alpha Strike, Feb 18
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2017, 13:12:02 »
Wow- this sounds so fun.  I do wish I lived out in Phoenix; I'd be on this in a heartbeat.   Good luck with your event! 8)

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2017, 19:51:15 »
Question:  Using standard artillery rules can artillery target airborne ground units?  This would primarily be VTOL's and WiGE's.  I posted in the rules section but God knows how long an answer might be.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2017, 16:26:55 »
Unless the eventual answer contradicts me, I'm going with: The rules say "radius," so artillery hits all units in a cylinder N levels tall with a radius given by the type of artillery. N is equal to the radius (making the cylinder shorter than it is high, since a level is 6m [or 8?] and a hex is 30m). That allows artillery to catch WiGE and low-flying VTOLs, but a VTOL up above terrain (and subject to direct fire) can be splashed by artillery.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2017, 22:50:40 »
Well, I'm not going to mske it tomorrow anyway.  We have family in town this weekend as it turns out.

Register