Author Topic: Republic Era and Welcome to the Nebula California  (Read 1323 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Republic Era and Welcome to the Nebula California
« on: 10 February 2017, 20:05:45 »
I have to say Welcome to the Nebula California is one of my all time favorite BattleTech products, regardless of it's non-cannon status.

In my own little version of the universe, that I set my games in, I have plans to use it, but I would like to introduce it earlier, in the late 3080s to early 3090s, many years before the expedition leaves for the nebula. In preparation for this and in order to put together a decent story as to how that happened that has at least a jury-rigged fit with the otherwise cannon universe, I recently picked up Historical Wars of the Republic and Field Manual 3085.

So my questions are:
Are there any other specific sourcebooks you would recommend I look into for this project? I have the TRO 3085 and it's Supplemental already, so anything else you might suggest, I would appreciate.

A couple other questions that I am not sure you guys would be able to answer (I understand about NDAs and proprietary info for future products):
Are there any insights into the events in the time period I am looking at (3085-3095ish) that you can share that were intended, but didn't quite make it into a book?
Also are there any insights you can share about the Nebula California that never made it into the document, that I might incorporate into my version of events?