Author Topic: BattleMech Manual question?  (Read 1638 times)

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
BattleMech Manual question?
« on: 16 February 2017, 00:08:53 »
Just got it today and after a quick read over I have two questions (not sure if should be here or under ask the writers) but here it is. First why was only the arrow included under the artillery as there are official mechs that have other artillery units (Helepolis for one)? And the second is at the end when it says
"1. “The player making the attack is the one that rolls the locations of any critical hits that result.” Since the very earliest editions of the game, while the attacker rolls on the Determining Critical Hits Table, the controller of the ’Mech that is taking the damage is the one that rolls to see where any critical hits to that ’Mech go. However, as far as we can tell, nobody ever plays that way. As such, we’ve changed the rule to match common usage:"
Is there at least going to be an optional rule to do it as it used to be done? I ask as that is how every group I have every played does it, and I can see switching it completely around messing us up. This is one of the things that to me came out of left field.

Thank you for your time.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: BattleMech Manual question?
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2017, 12:25:15 »
First why was only the arrow included under the artillery as there are official mechs that have other artillery units (Helepolis for one)?
Non-Arrow Artillery on 'Mechs are extreme edge cases.

And the second is at the end when it says
The developers and Demo Team have had the reverse experience. However, if that's how your group plays, no reason to change now, you should be just fine.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Register