Author Topic: IS Weapons that have an edge .  (Read 1068 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
IS Weapons that have an edge .
« on: 22 February 2017, 07:54:33 »
The Light Gauss Rifle and the small pulse lasers tend to be among the best value added weapon for Aerospace but I almost never see it except for custom variants .  In aerospace if you are the first to win initiative you can dictate range for the opening round .  With the Light Gauss Rifle you can shoot at extreme range .  The Small Pulse laser for the IS also can be used for point defense ( The Clan Small Pulse you cannot do so ) . Not enough games play up the strengths of Inner Sphere Weapons , just highlight the relative weaknesses .  Inner Sphere gear may be in general worse than Clan but some of the weapon systems is conditionally have a better utility than Clan weapon.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: IS Weapons that have an edge .
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2017, 18:48:37 »
Pretty sure the original Small Laser can also be Point Defense & that is on quite a few L1 fighters.

Makes things like Sparrowhawks & Lucifers look quite appealing IIRC.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: IS Weapons that have an edge .
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2017, 20:01:06 »
Hellraiser has it right... "normal" Small Lasers can be used for point defense.  I'm less sure about Clan ER Smalls and ER Micro Lasers...

Register