Author Topic: when did forces defending Clan Smoke Jaguar's OZ learn of the Huntress attack?  (Read 1900 times)

hydra337

• Recruit
Ive been trying to run this down for a bit now with no luck. Did the Smoke Jaguar forces that retreated from their OZ to Huntress realize that Huntress was under assault while they were still in the OZ? Im trying to determine if the SJ forces had their WTF moment realizing their homeworld had been attacked literally when the got home to the doorstep or if they realized it was under attack and withdrew from their OZ in orderly fashion (or as orderly as SJ could).

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Kinda of both if I recall. They oz forces retreated with the intent of counter attacking but then were notified that huntress was under assualt. Rage and poor choices ensued

Archangel

• Major
Per FMU (p8), "Operation Bulldog task force [Victor's relief force] follows the retreating Smoke Jaguars back to the Clan Homeworlds" on August 13, 3059 while "the first Inner Sphere forces land on Huntress" on March 2nd, 3060".    In Shadows of War (Ch. 5), the senior surviving SJ officer from the OZ, Galaxy Commander Hang Mehta is notified by ilKhan Lincoln Osis "upon arriving in Clan Space" before they jumped into the Huntress system at the ilKhan's orders.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Agreed w/ AA.

Originally they were going to regroup in the Periphery IIRC, then pulled all the way back to the homeworlds when they were fully overrun by the 4th wave.

When they got into clan space they were notified & had a couple jumps to organize & prepare.

When they hit Huntress they were an angry horde & did a hell of a # on the Serpent forces & it was only the arrival of Victor w/ the Bulldog detachment that saved any of Serpent IIRC.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo