Author Topic: Kikuyu: Clan Invasion Era  (Read 1981 times)

Easy

• Warrant Officer
Kikuyu: Clan Invasion Era
« on: 23 March 2017, 16:36:22 »
I am looking for information on the planet Kikuyu 3052-3058

Sarna has the Eridani Light Horse there from '52 until Coventry.

Two nearby planets are documented,
Roadside, which fell to JF in Jun-Jul, 3050, and
Barcelona, recaptured in 3052 by the AFFC.

The 1st quarter of '52 would seem a logical time and place for the AFFC to put 3 upgraded merc regiments here, and so they did, but then what happened?

What I am looking for are accounts of the Jade Falcon's attempts to take the world. Sarna indicates that there were at least 4 major planetary assaults that failed, although the effort cost the Light Horse 1 regiment destroyed. Is there a source for this?

If we consider this map:
http://cfw.sarna.net/wiki/images/8/88/Clanwave.gif?timestamp=20110319175231

Kikuyu (not shown) is just off of the top left, near Barcelona, right on the edge of the corridor.

As a guess, I suppose JF started hitting Kikuyu in 3052 in Wave 5, after the ELH arrived, roughly concurrent with the recapture of Barcelona by the AFFC.

Is the source in BattleCorps, an out-of-print novel, or magazine, or something, or yet unwritten? Seems like a pretty nasty historical gap, there, for timely wall of gank by the Eridani Light Horse.

Please advise.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2017, 10:40:10 by Easy »

Easy

• Warrant Officer
Re: Kikuyu: Clan Invasion Era
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2017, 19:22:16 »
bump

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2017, 09:03:49 »
I suppose this section is the part I'm interested in.

"The AFFC High Command posted them to Kikuyu, directly in the Clan Jade Falcon invasion corridor. The Falcons attacked the world with two Clusters, destroying the 71st Light Horse. The 151st and 21st regiments set about rebuilding their sister unit once again. The rebuilding process ended in 3055, and the newly reactivated 71st Light Horse regiment repulsed every subsequent Jade Falcon attack. After facing the Clans for three years, the 71st's experience was put to good use as part of the coalition force that liberated Coventry from the Jade Falcons in 3058."

And no citation. It appears the author just sorta went out on a limb, somewhat, and provided a stub. I'd sorta like to work that, but perhaps I would need to know which Clusters & which dates. Otherwise, one would have to simply invent two new JF Clusters and then destroy them.

Not saying that couldn't be a hoot.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2017, 22:24:04 by Easy »

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2017, 18:20:55 »
A partial answer is better than none:

That info is from Field Manual: ComStar (page 88). The action took place in July 3053 and the 71st was not rebuilt until 3055, but that is pretty much all it says on the subject. Dark Jaguar talk [/size]13:01, 1 August 2017 (EDT)

So the question remains, who were those two Jade Falcon Clusters...
« Last Edit: 20 September 2017, 12:33:39 by Easy »