Author Topic: Aerospace MV  (Read 1157 times)

jherbert2

• Recruit
Aerospace MV
« on: 09 April 2017, 10:01:58 »
What does the MV value on the alpha strike card represent for Aerospace? I can't find a reference to it in the Alpha Strike or Companion text.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Aerospace MV
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2017, 10:09:18 »
It's an important value for use in the abstract aerospace system (both movement and combat uses MV).  You'll find how to use MV in the sections governing movement on the radar map, and air to air engagements.

When an aerospace unit overflies the ground battle, it crosses the entire table no matter how high or low its MV value.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 10:10:51 by Tai Dai Cultist »

jherbert2

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2017, 11:26:56 »
I was able to find where thrust was used but I can't find the MV value. Do you have a page number I can see pls?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2017, 11:45:57 »
Thrust = MV.  I'll see if I can find page references for you.

EDIT:  Perhaps you've uncovered something that should be clarified via erratum.  I don't see it ever explicitly saying thrust is just another way of saying MV.  But, it is.
If you don't want to take my word for it, you can get an official answer from the rules guys in the rules thread.

EDIT2:  I did found a quote that does indirectly imply thrust = MV, since AS cards put movement mode codes next to MV values:

Quote from: Hovering in Place, AS rules pg 54
Hovering in Place
Any aerospace unit with the Airship (i) or Spheroid (m) movement
mode codes beside its Thrust rating
may hover in place during the
Movement Phase. Hovering allows the unit to remain in its current
zone, rather than move out of its current region.

Underlined for emphasis.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2017, 12:08:33 by Tai Dai Cultist »

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2017, 13:41:40 »
P23, aerospace units have thrust instead of Move ratings.  Mentioned twice under aerospace units and the thrust definition.

Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets