Author Topic: (non-battletech) Demons on the Border  (Read 1161 times)

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
(non-battletech) Demons on the Border
« on: 18 April 2017, 00:36:03 »
A few months ago i managed to obtain enough old SFB mini's to complete one of the Full Thrust Fleets i had been working on for years. and figuring that i might as well get the tougher part over with, i broke out my paint stuff and got it game ready.

Introducing the Tholian Holdfast "Demon Fleet"

Four Destroyers (DD's), Two "Neo" Light Cruisers (NCL's), and One "Neo" Heavy Cruiser (NCA).

Full Thrust stats, and my efforts at world building their empire (because i had a lot of time to kill at the time, and i wanted options for scenario design) can be found at my website.. 

I also base coated the Klingon D7's and C7 i need to finish that fleet (still need to rebase the star trek heroclix BoP's i'm using for destroyers), and picked up a huge SFB Seltorian fleet (still no stats for them), so i've got a fair number of projects for the future.

Federation fleet(s) - miniatures need minor repainting, Ship stats need some working out still. i have a lot of ships for this faction.
Romulan Fleet(s) - needs painting and stats revisions. been a little tricky to find the right 'feel' for them.
Gorn Fleet - needs basing and painting.
Seltorian Fleet(s) - basing, painting, and stats.
Tholians - i actually have another NCL, a neo-frigate, some old gamescience ships, and tiny NCA's i'm trying to figure out how to use. might convert the mini cruisers to freighters or something with a cargo pod, and the game science ships to carriers or something (they are about war cruiser sized)

vidar

• Warrant Officer
Re: (non-battletech) Demons on the Border
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2017, 04:28:21 »
I have the Hyrdran expaditionary fleet up and ready to fight. 

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2017, 08:12:41 »
Lyran/LDR man myself.  Never got into the miniatures for this game, but it's always great to see anyone have anything to do with it.  I especially like the Neo-Tholian ships.
Hayden

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2017, 13:26:05 »
actually i don't play SFB or Federation Commander, though i love the ships and many aspects of the settings.
 my takes on them have been a mix of SFB elements and classic trek. for example, my klingons are using some of the hulls from SFB, but are closer to the classic trek stuff.

i actually use a totally different ruleset, Full Thrust Remixed, which is the most recent official ruleset from GZG. it compiles all the rules from Full thrust, more thrust, and fleetbook 1. the alien systems from fleetbook 2 aren't included but they are easy to add. i personally include the playtest rules and systems from here: http://fullthrust.star-ranger.com/

i've got some new BSG stuff and star wars stuff i intend to set up into fleets as well, though getting stats i like for those has been.. difficult to find the right balance.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2017, 13:28:17 by glitterboy2098 »

Register