Author Topic: MWO - Fiery death for "Meta Mechs"!  (Read 1993 times)

SD501st

• Sergeant
  • Lead me, follow me or get out of my way!
MWO - Fiery death for "Meta Mechs"!
« on: 23 April 2017, 18:05:50 »
Just watched this video from "The B33F", and I've got to say that this might be the best thing he's ever come up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedkI0vdXuY

It's so simple, yet so beautiful.
The flamers aren't what shuts them down... they wouldn't shut down if they'd simply limited their fire to low heat weapons/weapon groups or switching to chain fire. It's their own alpha damage oriented style of playing(the "Meta" :3) that kills them! And sometimes simple panic firing, too.

They figuratively "lose their head", before literally losing their head!
The irony of that is so incredibly delicious that this might be the best B33F build of all time, in my humble opinion. ^^

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: MWO - Fiery death for "Meta Mechs"!
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2017, 23:55:23 »
 :o

OOOHHH,  ****!  Brilliant!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2017, 00:05:19 »
Good way to build up on your headshot achievements.

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2017, 09:02:59 »
I need this in my life, right now *goes off to test this*
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2017, 21:43:26 »
It's a cheap pleb build. Well, not really cheap, but still.

Every one I've seen seems to get recognized for what it is and is either immediately vaporized or loses the Flamers in short order.

Plus, if you don't panic and it's all you are fighting, it'll overheat before it can try the head-shot. Flamers can't shut you down, only bring you to the edge of shutdown. Thus allowing you the time to reverse the attack and headshot your would-be aggressor.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2017, 21:45:03 by Caedis Animus »

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2017, 19:12:40 »
It's a cheap pleb build. Well, not really cheap, but still.

Every one I've seen seems to get recognized for what it is and is either immediately vaporized or loses the Flamers in short order.

Plus, if you don't panic and it's all you are fighting, it'll overheat before it can try the head-shot. Flamers can't shut you down, only bring you to the edge of shutdown. Thus allowing you the time to reverse the attack and headshot your would-be aggressor.

Does everyone put the flamers on the same arm? If so, simply switch which arm is carrying which array. But it seems to me that the best use of this is waiting for their target to be engaged with someone else, then hitting them with the flamers.

Boom. Taking fire from two enemies at once, much more likely to panic.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2017, 19:21:28 »
Even if you split the arms, I know shooting at me when I'm not shut down would result in you shutting down or taking overheat damage.

And I'm perfectly happy to override shutdown in my Scorch, slap the twin Coolshots, and take the impetulant Nova down with one or two salvos. I know I can survive the overheat damage, and I know the Nova will at the very least end up crippled (And what's more, I'd rather die a fighting death to some BS build than overheating and getting ungracefully headshotted).

Either way, the silver bullet for this "Cheap hack" of a build is well-aimed and massed fire or a smart pilot. On lower tiers or against people who simply got to a high tier via luck/time playing, this'll net you one or two easy kills. Against someone who's competent, far less so.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2017, 19:23:32 by Caedis Animus »