Author Topic: Development Snapshot - MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.43.2  (Read 8800 times)

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
Re: Development Snapshot - MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.43.2
« Reply #30 on: 11 May 2017, 21:52:17 »
I have I think the last version (42?) on a different computer than I am right not (so can not check for sure). And could not modify or print units, I saw that others had already reported this issue, has this been fixed with this one?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #31 on: 11 May 2017, 22:21:14 »
I have I think the last version (42?) on a different computer than I am right not (so can not check for sure). And could not modify or print units, I saw that others had already reported this issue, has this been fixed with this one?

Which units are you trying print? I assume you mean modify units within MekHQ?

The modifying bug has been fixed in this Dev release.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 12 May 2017, 05:00:45 »
I often get this for a number of reasons, one being I have a new mech with no tech attached, it seems like MMHQ wants to tell me to do that before I fight. Or, there's something weird with one of the mechs in the lance that's supposed to be fighting (it was headcapped in the last fight).

Or the above thing if it's a 'special mission'.

What I usually do is check my techs, check my mechs, check my pilots, undeploy them all, save it, reload MMHQ then you should be good to go. Has only happened in one in 50 or so fights for me, not a big problem.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 12 May 2017, 06:29:25 »
Any oddities that require a save/reload do post them with the last MM save (preferably after the ____ happens) so that that little bug can get fixed. More often than not it is something that needs to be cleared between missions.

Don't forget, not all AtB missions will auto deploy for you. Usually special missions or those with odd unit requirements will not. Or those that only require a single unit.

mighty midget

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 13 May 2017, 08:38:21 »
Says you have 0 units deployed to those pending scenarios.  Try going into your TO&E right click and deploy your unit to that scenario then should be able to start the game.

That got it fixed, it's so much easier when the problem is me.  Thanks.
Slavish adherance to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about.

Flame_Draken

• Private
« Reply #35 on: 13 May 2017, 12:07:58 »
I know that there was an attempt four years ago to create a java game with ISiF rules.  It ended on version three and has been dead since.

It had some basics down.  There was a basic economy, resources were generated each turn that you could spend on various things (factories, depots, fortifications, garrisons, units).  Air and ground formations could be created and ordered about.  There would be combat if more than one opposed faction was on a planet.  Forces would retreat if they were loosing.  Formations became fatigued and used supplies.

There are some issues with it though.  The program is far from complete.  Leadership is not really in the game, only the nation heads have been added.  Reliability does not seem to be added as more than a side note for formation.  Fatigue is not tracked in saved games, only during the current game session.  The same with any reinforcement equipment.  There is no bot or direct connect multiplayer.  You can hotseat the game but there is no way preventing any other players from not seeing what you have and changing it at will.

I'll provide the link so that people can check it out anyways.

https://github.com/Alain10/ISIF

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #36 on: 13 May 2017, 12:13:37 »

This thing here. I like this thing.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Ironboot

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 15 May 2017, 10:50:00 »
Hello,

On the Personnel tab/Personnel Type:Active Peronnel/View: General - When I look at my MechWarrior I don't see Abilities when I edit my MechWarrior.  When I purchase a MechWarrior it will show up.  If a MechWarrior has a skill and I edit it out it will be removed.

Does any one else have this problem?

Thanks,
Ironboot

EDIT: I just read Random post on the page before... Will this be fix for the next patch?

EDIT2: Went to GitHub... I see that it has been reported.. :)

EDIT3: Downloaded older version of MekHQ... the first one I got it to work was 41.28 I hope that helps.  It did not work for 42 stable.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2017, 19:17:11 by Ironboot »

Ragnoff

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 07 June 2017, 11:42:02 »
I posted this message and its own thread but then realized it probably belongs here as it involves the newest version of MekHQ

This is probably not as much of a problem for those of you who are more familiar, but for a new be added to the confusion as I attempted to understand everything. The version of the 2.31 rule set that I can download has someone's notes in it. Apparently, somebody went to the process and was making notes about things like the area of origin in the dev tab. Because they use the spreadsheet tabs to include these and because they are not labeled it and that been a lot of extra letters and numbers that a newbie like myself is trying to read as part of the rules.  It is only now, after some guidance from somebody in the slack program and going through them numerous times that I finally puzzled out these were someone's notes.

Is there a clean version of the 2.3 full somewhere? The one in the docs file in the dev version of the latest MekHQ is the one I am using, and when I searched individual downloads I came to the same spreadsheet with the same notes...

Ragnoff

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2017, 13:20:54 »
Which units are you trying print? I assume you mean modify units within MekHQ?

The modifying bug has been fixed in this Dev release.
I am trying to print out the sheets to play the games on the table top. Every time I tell it to print the units that will be in the battle it prints blank pages. I am guessing that I am doing something wrong but can not figure it out.