Author Topic: WorkMech Wednesday (2017-06-14): Diomede Construction/Demolition/Security 'Mech  (Read 9956 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
One other helpful idea for your uprising: hand-held weapons. And lift hoists.

"It's carrying how many RL-10 packs????"
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
It could carry them, but not use them. The Diomede only has one hand actuator at best.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Well, it could always "pass the parcel" ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Yep. I'll have to go through the list to see what other IndustrialMechs besides the Quasit have two hand actuators. I mean, the Chaffee does, but it has no real place on a battlefield.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Wouldn't the lack of environmental sealing make using tear gas missiles a little dicey?

Complain, complain, complain. If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have volunteered. ;)

Yep. I'll have to go through the list to see what other IndustrialMechs besides the Quasit have two hand actuators. I mean, the Chaffee does, but it has no real place on a battlefield.

This came up in an earlier handheld weapon (HHW) thread. Pompier, PowerMan, Buster, Patron, Shugosha Q-Mechs, CattleMaster. Remember that IndustrialMechs can use Industrial TSM, which is always active. So the Buster can use a HHW with a 10 ton payload, and some Powerman haulers can use a 7-ton HHW.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2017, 07:08:12 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
So, basically, we're using the Diomede as a literal weapons carrier?
Just need a truck with spare ammo then, and you can go through quite some engagements.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.