Author Topic: Pulverizer today  (Read 3588 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Pulverizer today
« on: 03 August 2017, 20:50:35 »
If during the Jihad the Word of Blake had fielded the Pulverizer in either tier of forces- Shadow Divisions, WoB Militia or Protectorate Militia- do you think the Clans would have recognized it?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Pulverizer today
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2017, 20:58:41 »
Possibly. It does appear that the Pulveriser was used by the Clans following the Wolverine annihilation. Tech Manual lists it as the first Snow Raven 'Mech design, so it's psosible that the deisng was claimed by them after the annihilation, and it's history was "sanitised" to make it more platable.

I wouldn't say they would immediately recognise it as a Wolverine desing. Remember, the Clans managed to forget that the Imp was a post-Exodus design when outfitting Wolfs Dragoons

Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2017, 21:13:20 »
Agreed, although once they faced it and saw it's capabilities they might recognize it especially with its Enhanced PPC. Plus with the Blakes Documents story released it might give more credence to the lies and make them fight harder.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2017, 23:00:45 »
As a blood spirit fan I have them in my forces esp since they received a great amount of 2nd line mechs. I like the idea of the spirits having some old school mechs that others thought extinct.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2017, 23:18:09 »
Possible since they did the mechs for warships deal, but a bit outside the scope of what I asked.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2017, 04:06:27 »
Possibly. It does appear that the Pulveriser was used by the Clans following the Wolverine annihilation. Tech Manual lists it as the first Snow Raven 'Mech design, so it's psosible that the deisng was claimed by them after the annihilation, and it's history was "sanitised" to make it more platable.

I wouldn't say they would immediately recognise it as a Wolverine desing. Remember, the Clans managed to forget that the Imp was a post-Exodus design when outfitting Wolfs Dragoons

I agree. The clans would recognize the design but they would not realize it was Wolverine as the rewriting of their history gives the design to the Snow Ravens.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2017, 05:14:42 »
I agree. The clans would recognize the design but they would not realize it was Wolverine as the rewriting of their history gives the design to the Snow Ravens.
Which would then cause problems for the Ravens, perhaps?
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2017, 08:48:06 »
My two cents, from a tactical perspective they might not. The average Clan Mechwarrior might not know what it is, and it's possible after the design being extinct for so long that modern computer recognition systems wouldn't know it either. So during its fight, it's just another Mech, if a mysterious one.

Now, if battle ROMs make it back home and some historical researcher realizes what he's looking at, all bets are off, naturally. But actual boots-on-the-ground, it may remain anonymous for the battle.

Then again, who knows, maybe the computers would still recognize the shape and call it what it is. Stranger things have happened.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2017, 09:35:53 »
I don't know about how much of a problem it would be for th Ravens. If another clan asks, they can clam ignorance. Maybe the dishonorable Spheroids stole it.

I remember a scene in one of the clan invasion books a IS aerospace pilot's computer I.d.s an old second line clan fighter that was extinct and thinking the guy robed a museum.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2017, 09:38:50 by Robroy »

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2017, 20:13:01 »
Would they recognize it? Probably not the average Clan Warrior. But would the Loremaster or the Khans? Oh yes, I have a feeling they would have lists of genetics and designs in place to reference if they found wreckage. Remember, even though the Wolves claim they annihilated the Wolverines it was believed that many escaped or were not accounted for. Honestly though I think you would find the Pulverizer in museums or the Blood Spirit caches or even in the hands of the Bandit Caste than finding one in the Inner Sphere.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #10 on: 14 August 2017, 07:05:14 »

I prefer to think that the rewriting was done by the Society
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2017, 08:12:41 »

To what end? What would that do for them?
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Robroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2017, 11:14:38 »

I think he meant, as opposed to the true history as written by Nicholas the betrayer. :)
« Last Edit: 14 August 2017, 12:08:24 by Robroy »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #13 on: 14 August 2017, 15:15:09 »

The Society wouldn't do it for a single reason. There is no reason to at the time and Nicky K was rewriting history anyway.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Warship

• Sergeant
  • Once more into the fire
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2017, 14:33:31 »
This may be off topic and be moved to its own thread.  But, given the admission at this time that Nicholas was mentally unstable, would his genes have actually been used by Clan Wolf?  Or would they have kept up the appearance of doing so in order to humour a king with no clothes?  I just read through the BOL on the Sarna site.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #15 on: 19 August 2017, 14:37:41 »
Technically there was nothing wrong with his genes. A horrific upbringing as a child, and a later bout of Eden fever is largely responsible for his wilder flights of fancy and personality issues.

That being said, it's never been stated anywhere whether most Kerensky's we know of come from Nick or Andery stock.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #16 on: 20 August 2017, 10:12:20 »

Sow the seeds gor a lower caste uprising...p142 WoR.

BoI is a reprint of The Socities "unveiling" of the truth
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie