Author Topic: Stealth and MHQ  (Read 1423 times)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
Stealth and MHQ
« on: 01 October 2017, 15:42:24 »
I know that stealth effects the electronic emissions of a unit making them ineffective.  Does anyone happen to know if that effects the benefits of MHQ as well?  The example vehicle in question is the Bolla B which has both a slave and a master.  If the stealth armor is on does it not count toward your count for BI?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Stealth and MHQ
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2017, 15:49:01 »
BI is, as far as I'm aware, only assessed at the beginning of the game and is not affected by transient Specials like STL (which can be turned off).  It has no in-game effect to be disrupted, and so there is nothing in the way.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2017, 16:51:35 »
So for the purposes of a BI Initiative Bonus you would still get it or no?  I'm assuming the answer is no because of the wording in the ASC on page 17 that states "......If the unit is destroyed
or is within an enemy ECM field during the Initiative Phase, that initiative bonus cannot be used that turn
."  Stealth is suppressing it's own electronic emissions so would it not block any beenfit to the IB as well?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2017, 16:56:31 »
The initiative bonus is assigned as a token to one unit.  If that unit happens to be the Bolla, then yes.  If you have another unit with MHQ, then that'd be a good situation to not give it to the Bolla at the start of the game.

Note: the initiative tokens aren't actually related to BI.  It doesn't matter whether you have more BI points than your opponent, it just matters that you fit the criteria for each possible token.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2017, 21:36:14 »
The other solution is for the Bolla to turn off its STL ability (as per errata) if it was assigned the BI ability and wishes to use it.

Register