Author Topic: Indianapolis Battletech  (Read 2619 times)

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
Indianapolis Battletech
« on: 13 October 2017, 14:41:15 »
Looking for people to play with in the Indianapolis area. Just got settled after moving and want to find like-minded hobbiests, organized or not don't care. Just looking for some mech v anything-with-a-gun combat.

mikemcmann

• Recruit
Re: Indianapolis Battletech
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2018, 20:21:03 »
Hey there!

Just saw this.  I am up in fishers and have loved battletech  since the 80s ;)

I would love to find someone to play with and even do some RPG MechWarrior stuff if interested.

Let me know! :)

Mike

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2018, 09:58:19 »
Hi Guys!

I'm Dave.

Agent Wasp runs games at Saltire Games up off Pendleton Pike a few times a month. 

I've tried to get a few things started at other stores, but can't get a group consensus on /what/ we should be playing.  3039?  3050?  3075?  Jihad?  Thus, I'm not running a game at present. 

Wasps group may be getting big enough that there is a need to split off into a second group, but IIRC they're all from NE side, and I'm SW side at the moment.   a NW game at Family Time Games would be possible, given a group consensus on what we should be playing. 

Wed Before GenCon, at Game Preserve Greenwood there is an event Called UrbieLord, or some insane term that works in the Urban mech.   Its all Urban Mech combat, and its pretty fun to play in, cause there's rarely a stock Urbie in sight. 
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2018, 18:06:17 »
Ahem...

Truetanker

Monument Circle, Downtown
Giorgio's Pizza
9 E. Market
19 years working.

Enjoy!
TT

( Also Good Games Downtown allows free gaming at it's tables all the time! If your interested Dave...PM sent )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

megatrons2nd

• Warrant Officer
  • All hail Megatron
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2018, 21:25:52 »
Moving to Frankfort, I might be close enough to get a few games in.  I'm not sure of the distances involved, so I might not be good for regular intervals, but random games will work for a while.  I'm going to be working in Carmel, so maybe after work on weekdays.  Around 7 or so.
All the world's a joke and the people merely punchlines.

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2018, 10:20:36 »
Thats a heck of a Drive to Carmel.

There's a store in Lafayette that's really great, Sages shoppe.  There's a pic of battletech on their store pics, so, maybe?

I dont know of anything on the NW side.  Everything I know about is either NE side or S. 
Of Course, GenCon is close.
Gunner runs games at Whos Yer Con (late march/early april) and InCon (July 4 weekend)

Shane at Family Time Games may know of a game.

Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

megatrons2nd

• Warrant Officer
  • All hail Megatron
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2018, 10:57:46 »
Every time I've been to the Sage's Shoppe to try for Battletech, no one was there to play, and posting it, no one showed up.  The one time I showed up for a game someone else posted, they never posted for a second or subsequent game.
All the world's a joke and the people merely punchlines.

Crackerb0x

• CamoSpecs
  • Master Sergeant
  • Alpha Strike Apologist
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2018, 16:51:17 »
Wasps group may be getting big enough that there is a need to split off into a second group, but IIRC they're all from NE side, and I'm SW side at the moment.   a NW game at Family Time Games would be possible, given a group consensus on what we should be playing. 

I know it's been a hot minute since I checked in on this thread, but I'm against the west edge of Beech Grove, and Pendleton Pike a bit longer of a hike than I was hoping. Still haven't really found anyone outside of the guys I play with in Lebanon (literally just one other guy in my roommate, I guess).

I've tried to get a few things started at other stores, but can't get a group consensus on /what/ we should be playing.  3039?  3050?  3075?  Jihad?  Thus, I'm not running a game at present. 

It's interesting to me that fans of the game will hold onto their prejudices for the game and NOT play BattleTech instead of conceded and play SOME BattleTech. I like playing what equates to experimental tech for some of the neat gadgets, and have a small company of Blake forces in my back pocket, but I really just want to play something closer to home, heck even it's just one-off games.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2018, 23:29:49 »
I'm downtown on the Circle, Good Games is down here off S. Meridian behind the Hampton Inn.

But I live on Shadeland Ave and 38th by Pendleton Pike.

But can travel by IndyGo to wherever I'm needed.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

AnejoDave

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2018, 11:55:49 »
I know it's been a hot minute since I checked in on this thread, but I'm against the west edge of Beech Grove, and Pendleton Pike a bit longer of a hike than I was hoping. Still haven't really found anyone outside of the guys I play with in Lebanon (literally just one other guy in my roommate, I guess).

Wait, you're in Beech Grove and Lebanon is okay, but off Pendleton Pike isn't?   ::Confused::

Sometimes there are games at Game Preserve Greenwood. 
It's interesting to me that fans of the game will hold onto their prejudices for the game and NOT play BattleTech instead of conceded and play SOME BattleTech. I like playing what equates to experimental tech for some of the neat gadgets, and have a small company of Blake forces in my back pocket, but I really just want to play something closer to home, heck even it's just one-off games.

This is constantly confusing to me as well.
Agent #728

Indianapolis, Indiana

House Kurita

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2018, 22:05:51 »
True Tanker,

I'm thinking of dipping my toe back into Btech after a long hiatus now that my kids are older. I live at about 25th and Post Rd. so if you want to get together sometime and roll some dice I could likely dig some players up.

Register