Author Topic: Chicagoland December battletech game  (Read 4490 times)

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Malo Mori Quam Foedari - Death Before Dishonor
Chicagoland December battletech game
« on: 26 November 2017, 13:10:42 »
The game will be Saturday, December 9th.

The game is at Games Plus.
(Start time approx. 11:00)
101 W. Prospect Ave.
Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
Phone: 847-577-9656
http://games-plus.com/

This is our annual "Kill the Agent" game.

The rules for the players are as follows:
1. You must select 2 book stock mechs from any TRO up to and including 3085. Record Sheet products are also okay. It must have a legitimate record sheet. Experimental units are not allowed from those products either.
2. No artillery of any kind is allowed.
3. Any type of c3 is only shared between your two mechs. Just the same, Narc or any other group benefit weapon only helps your 2 unit team.
4. You get 6000 BV2 to pick you units. This includes their piloting and gunnery and other modifiers to BV such as c3.

The players will be assaulting, though the terrain is not set yet. The standard Chicago rules apply.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
318th Wolf Striker Cluster
"The Blood Pack"

Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum  -"Those who seek peace, prepare for war."
"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
Re: Chicagoland December battletech game
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2017, 19:28:44 »
Considering attendance. Will wait for terrain to be declared to choose my force - I don't want to sink BV into jump jets if the map's going to have a roof!  ;D

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2017, 14:09:27 »
can someone please let us know a general idea of setup. that way we can do indirect fire or not with lrm;s and jump jets will useful or not.

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 28 November 2017, 14:34:58 »
Considering attendance. Will wait for terrain to be declared to choose my force - I don't want to sink BV into jump jets if the map's going to have a roof!  ;D

You are assaulting in an open terrain. You can use semi-guideds, since I know some are considering, but as I said, it only will work for your 2 unit group.  Thus each team will need a tag to use them for their team. The aim is to one way or another use hexed. I am working on it as well as getting the prizes ready.

Just to be clear, there is no roof.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2017, 19:06:25 by Wolf Reaper »
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

"Grant me stillness and serenity as my enemies pound and howl." -Incantation against bombardment

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2017, 20:21:36 »
i was thinking of spotting for LRM fire using the rules and no tag units since there are only two units per player. that way we could have some people bring lrm boats to use in the back field and a spotter closer to the targets and use radio to say here is the target and letting everyone know to think very hard for bringing thunder rounds to use area effect to box targets in since everyone is going to use slow heavy and assault mechs and that we can make it so the enemy can not move with out setting off mines. very good tactic if we can get enough lrm boats.

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 30 November 2017, 18:56:21 »
You can only support your own pair. 

BTW How many Agents are we expecting for this one?  I know Mr "I Love Toasters" issn't going to be there but I need to plan something for the rest of you.

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2017, 19:52:29 »
You can only support your own pair. 

BTW How many Agents are we expecting for this one?  I know Mr "I Love Toasters" issn't going to be there but I need to plan something for the rest of you.

It looks to be 5 agents.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 01 December 2017, 14:06:15 »
we have mary, alex, pat and who else is coming that everyone is going to be shooting up agent wise?

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2017, 17:59:32 »
Rick and Amy.

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2017, 04:47:00 »

As it is a work night, I can't attend to play.  However, MadCapellan,  if you are attending, and can bring out my DVD sets, I should be able to get up early enough to come by and pick them up.
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

Hoover28

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2017, 23:26:15 »
Weather permitting, I will be there.  As my minis are packed up for the foreseeable future I am hoping to impose on our wonderful, hard working, and talented agents to use a Sagittaire and Warlord minis for the game.  To be an even bigger pain in the neck, if I could impose on some record sheets as well, specifically an SGT-8R with a 4G/3P and a BLR-2D Warlord with a 2G/4P MW which calculates to 6000BV.  If the record sheets or minis are a bridge too far please let me know by Friday the 8th so I can figure out another source of paper and proxies.  Much appreciated and catch you all this Saturday.

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 04 December 2017, 00:03:05 »
Weather permitting, I will be there.  As my minis are packed up for the foreseeable future I am hoping to impose on our wonderful, hard working, and talented agents to use a Sagittaire and Warlord minis for the game.  To be an even bigger pain in the neck, if I could impose on some record sheets as well, specifically an SGT-8R with a 4G/3P and a BLR-2D Warlord with a 2G/4P MW which calculates to 6000BV.  If the record sheets or minis are a bridge too far please let me know by Friday the 8th so I can figure out another source of paper and proxies.  Much appreciated and catch you all this Saturday.

Got you covered.

Let me know if anyone else needs minis.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 04 December 2017, 00:20:01 »
I'm working on some pairs.  I know that I will probably need a Patriot model if someone has one.  There is a good chance we'll have a newbie joining in (or at least coming to watch) from the Grognard Flames of War/Team Yankee group.   

Right now My pairs that I have set up so far.  I should have enough Hunchbacks in the basement so I can loan out one of those pairs.

Pouncer H (3/4) 2462 +  Rifleman IIC 4 (2/4) 3445   Need Both
Hunchback HBK-5SS (2/3) 2442 + Patriot PKM-2E (0/2) 3535  Need Patriot
Hunchback HBK-4P (2/3) 2071 + Zeus-X ZEU-9WD (1/2) 3844  Need Zeus-X
Crusader CRD-8L  (2/3) 3096 + Shootist ST-8A (2/3) 2743 Have both.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2017, 00:47:19 by lordgoober »

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 04 December 2017, 09:06:43 »
I'm working on some pairs.  I know that I will probably need a Patriot model if someone has one.  There is a good chance we'll have a newbie joining in (or at least coming to watch) from the Grognard Flames of War/Team Yankee group.   

Right now My pairs that I have set up so far.  I should have enough Hunchbacks in the basement so I can loan out one of those pairs.

Pouncer H (3/4) 2462 +  Rifleman IIC 4 (2/4) 3445   Need Both
Hunchback HBK-5SS (2/3) 2442 + Patriot PKM-2E (0/2) 3535  Need Patriot
Hunchback HBK-4P (2/3) 2071 + Zeus-X ZEU-9WD (1/2) 3844  Need Zeus-X
Crusader CRD-8L  (2/3) 3096 + Shootist ST-8A (2/3) 2743 Have both.

I have those as well.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

Hoover28

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: 04 December 2017, 10:28:06 »
Thank you very much Patrick!  Hope to see everyone there.

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2017, 20:03:56 »
I might need the Shootist as well.  I haven't found my Christmas Shootist yet.  I've still got a couple days worth of hunting to do though.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just a little piglet serving the Capellan State!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #16 on: 05 December 2017, 11:53:54 »
Looks like I'm a no this year - CT PM me and I'll drop your DVDs off. Sorry I've had them so long!

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 07 December 2017, 13:47:37 »
All mini secured for those who asked, as well as sheets for Hoover. If there are any other requests, please let me know. The cut off for sheets is 5 p.m. Friday. Minis cut-off is 7 a.m. Saturday.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2017, 15:46:31 »
just wondering if i am doing the battlevalue right from the master list. a med is mech from 3025 with a 00 is over 3000 bv? you cross check the bottom of the table on the list with the mech and everything is there right?

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2017, 16:02:59 »
just wondering if i am doing the battlevalue right from the master list. a med is mech from 3025 with a 00 is over 3000 bv? you cross check the bottom of the table on the list with the mech and everything is there right?

With a 0/0 anything 1070 or higher (roughly) will be over 3K BV2.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2017, 18:33:13 »
I may be asking for 3 sets of my mech sheets as the pairs above.  my printer downstairs in the basement is being a pain in the neck and is refusing to print.  Never mind.  Got it to print out by having to plug in the printer directly...  I decided to print my mechs with 4/5 pilots so I could just replace them with the numbers i have on the list there and then potentially mix and match as I die horribly.

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 08 December 2017, 11:18:00 »
Also, as it customary for the December game, dinner is planned after the game. We are looking at Draft Picks in Mt. Prospect as they seem to have no problems with large groups and the food is good.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 08 December 2017, 16:21:50 »
Just printed sheets and figured out the bv of the mechs I am bringing. have to run out to the sunpourch and grab the minis to bring for the very not so known version of this mech though. see everyone tomorrow for sure.

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #23 on: 08 December 2017, 23:42:40 »
Patrick: could you please bring Mad Cat and Nova Cat miniature for me?  Thanks, and sorry for the last-minute request....

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
« Reply #24 on: 09 December 2017, 01:10:04 »
Patrick: could you please bring Mad Cat and Nova Cat miniature for me?  Thanks, and sorry for the last-minute request....

I'll bring them, just in case.
To the utmost!

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #25 on: 09 December 2017, 08:31:50 »
I'll bring them, just in case.

Thanks!

Wolf Reaper

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 09 December 2017, 10:14:00 »
I got those two as well. See you guys soon.
Star Colonel Vladik Ward
"The Blood Pack"

Hoover28

• Corporal
« Reply #27 on: 10 December 2017, 11:08:55 »
Thanks to our hard working agents who devote so much time, effort, and resources to provide us with fun and interesting games bringing us all together for the entertaining shared experience!

Our horde of player assault forces closed rapidly on the fortified walls of the agents base under surprisingly effective long range fire decapitating an Omen and Warhammer IIc in exchange for a Patriot and a crippled Hunchback.  Agent assault mech c3 skirmishers and c3 spotting hovercraft were hunted down and destroyed over the next several rounds as well as long range snipers manning the fortification defenses but at severe cost to player forces.  Agent losses included a Banshee, Highlander, Pegasus hovertank, Triskelion, Hel, Liu-wei-Bing, and Vulture MkIII as well as the 150cf door to the facility.  Player forces lost a Sagittaire, Warlord, Zeus X, Loki,  Mad Cat, Pouncer, Axman, and 55 ton IS Gladiator.  It was going on 4:30pm and half our players had to go so most of our remaining forces evaporated just outside the agents' fortress gate so we called it a day.  Player forces spent and the agents defenses holding.
Everyone seemed to have a good time and a very fun game.  Also many thanks to Wolfreaper for the outstanding work on the prize mechs and congrats to the winning players!

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season and that 2018 is a better year than this one!  Hope to see you all on Januaray 14th for the next game.

slothagent

• Private
« Reply #28 on: 10 December 2017, 17:42:59 »
Thanks to our hard working agents who devote so much time, effort, and resources to provide us with fun and interesting games bringing us all together for the entertaining shared experience!

Everyone seemed to have a good time and a very fun game.  Also many thanks to Wolfreaper for the outstanding work on the prize mechs and congrats to the winning players!

Huge +1, thanks so much to all the agents for consistently making these games awesome, and for inviting all of us to share the fun :-) .

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 13 December 2017, 01:57:58 »
I lost both of my gladiators to ammo hits. The first got hit with a gun and critter the ammo. I did get a hover tank with one of them though. The next one killed a highlander with a med laser on a 2nd target shot to the head after the mesh got nailed with something else.
The next mesh died after killing the highlander to 4 cause hits that killed the head and a leg and arm. I rolled for falling damage for fun and critter the ammo bin and it went boom.
The game was fun even though I did very little damage overall. But I did kill a 30 scout tank and a 95 ton assulat mesh at least to the total loss of a pair of 3025 55 ton mechs.

Register