Author Topic: Against the Bot - Mission Resolution  (Read 2955 times)

Eugee

• Sergeant
Against the Bot - Mission Resolution
« on: 08 December 2017, 09:43:11 »
I play AtB a lot with some buddies, co-op.  I run everything in MekHQ, and then when it's time for a mission everyone connects to my MegaMek session, they set their Team/Start/Camo to match mine, and I change ownership of their pilots/meks in the lance.  We play through the mission (usually with me complaining about "I'm going to have to fix that") and then when the mission is over MekHQ pops back up.

It will have the correct damage applied, correct salvage, everything--EXCEPT any mechwarriors that my buddies controlled will show as Dead.

We found a workaround; at the end of the battle if we save the salvage MUL file, and resolve manually, it will correctly import everything.

This didn't used to be an issue, like a year ago--it would correctly import the pilots regardless of who controlled them in MM.  Does anyone know what changed, and why we have to manually resolve now?  I assumed it's working from the same salvage results, but for some reason the auto-import cares who controlled the pilots, and the manual import doesn't.

It would be great if the auto-resolve didn't care who controlled which pilots.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 11:11:03 by Eugee »

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
Re: Against the Bot - Mission Resolution
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2017, 06:40:16 »
Try transferring the mechwarriors back to your control before finishing the game.

Its a mismatch between the start file and the end file.

Eugee

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2017, 21:26:07 »
How do I transfer them at the end of the match?

Aimen

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 23 December 2017, 08:16:32 »
Get all of the other players to /listEntities and /traitor their units before victory is declared.

Register