Author Topic: American Ninja Warrior. Great job guys!  (Read 2038 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
American Ninja Warrior. Great job guys!
« on: 14 September 2015, 23:12:46 »
WOW.  For their 7th season, they not only finally got someone past stage 3 of the 4 stages of the finale, but had 2 actually complete it..

Congratulations to Geoff Britten and Isaac Caldiero.  Though i do find it farked up that even though BOTH finished it, only one (Isaac) gets the 1 mil..  IMO both should earn it..

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/09/14/american-ninja-warrior-finale/
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
Re: American Ninja Warrior. Great job guys!
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2015, 23:19:18 »
I forget,  how long did it take for someone to beat the Japanese version?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2015, 23:54:35 »
So there isn't even a consolation prize for completing the entire course if someone beats your time?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2015, 01:23:17 »
Not even a trophy.  BUT he at least gets to lay claim to the title of the very FIRST American Ninja warrior..
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Davout73

• Captain
Re: American Ninja Warrior. Great job guys!ng back then.
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2015, 20:24:09 »
I forget,  how long did it take for someone to beat the Japanese version?

Kazuhiko Akiyama did it in Sasuke 4, but the course wasn't as challenging back then.

Makoto Nagano failed in 11 and 12, and then won in 17.  He was also 5 seconds away from winning Viking, which IIRC noone ever won.

There hasn't been a Sasuke winner since 2011.

Dav

« Last Edit: 15 September 2015, 20:27:38 by Davout73 »
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Re: American Ninja Warrior. Great job guys!ng back then.
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2015, 04:20:40 »
Kazuhiko Akiyama did it in Sasuke 4, but the course wasn't as challenging back then.

Makoto Nagano failed in 11 and 12, and then won in 17.  He was also 5 seconds away from winning Viking, which IIRC noone ever won.

There hasn't been a Sasuke winner since 2011.

Dav

And, correct me if I am wrong,but is not the current Sasuke course actually more challenging than the
American version? Combined with that they do the whole thing over the course a single day in Japan,
so there is no resting up(I always liked seeing the sun starting to rise when they were going through
stage 3, or the real Mt. Midoriyama), and it is at a higher elevation than the Las Vegas set up, so has
thinner air?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Register