Author Topic: Alpha Strike at GenCon  (Read 7458 times)

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
Re: Alpha Strike at GenCon
« Reply #30 on: 25 August 2017, 15:36:49 »

Hey all:

We have split out the discussion on rules changes to here:  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58517.0

It had deviated significantly from the original post and we wanted to preserve the spirit of both discussions.

Please continue!!!
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs

cpip

• Corporal
« Reply #31 on: 27 August 2017, 11:53:07 »
Speaking only for myself, I came to one of the Alpha Strike Academies, because I hadn't played AS at all before, and I fell sufficiently in love with it that the next morning I went straight over to the dealer's Hall and bought a copy of the book. I would've bought the Companion too, but CGL had already sold out of them by then.

I wasn't quite ready for Tournament play, but if there's AS tournaments next year, I'd love to come to those.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2017, 20:02:07 »
FWIW, the guy I was playing against did the academy and one other game, then jumped right into the tournament! I did win, but it wasn't exactly a blowout. If they do it again next year, definitely sign up. I'll certainly be trying to be there again.

Ben

• Corporal
  • Awwww Yeaa
« Reply #33 on: 28 August 2017, 13:50:46 »
One thing that might be nice would be to have a couple of "cheat sheets" around. For those of us who only play at Gencon, something showing all the modifiers, crit chart, etc would be nice to have as a refresher.

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 28 August 2017, 19:59:18 »
They have a nice two-sided sheet like that for Total Warfare. It would probably be do-able for AS as well. I think the demo team would probably have to add them to the locker of stuff that gets shipped around for cons.

Charlie Tango

• Moderator Emeritus
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • I'm feeling a little sketchy...
« Reply #35 on: 02 September 2017, 07:56:14 »
There are the ones from the Alpha Strike kit, which I had a couple copies of out on some of the Turning Points tables.  The one from the kit needs to be updated to reflect the stuff from Companion though...
"This is a war universe. War all the time. That is its nature.
There may be other universes based on all sorts of other principles, but ours seems to be based on war and games."

-- William S. Burroughs