Author Topic: Miniature of the Week #4 - the Timber Wolf (okay, Mad Cat too, spheroids!)  (Read 13963 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
The Timber Wolf. Duelling the BattleMaster, Warhammer and Atlas for the status of iconic BattleTech poster 'Mech.

To some, the iconic Clan OmniMech. Star of computer game and ripped off by ExoSquad. Now, here, in our forums, it's time to celebrate it!

As before. IWM/RP, MW:DA, Armorcast, you have it - post it! Them!

So here, to start,

Let's close up a little. Different minis include:

* The lead & ralladium Ral Partha/IWM original
* Possibly a blue resin cast of the above
* The CityTech plastic
* The Armorcast 'museum scale'
* The resculpt from IWM
* MW:DA versions
* The BattleForce mini
* The CGL high-quality plastic

And then let's not ignore the Mad Cat's II, III and IV, in metal and MW:DA (in cases!)

So here's an old original sculpt Prime in Clan Ice Hellion-ish colours, a CityTech plastic modded to the B config also in Ice Hellion-ish colours (and part of my Ice Hellion Gauss Squad), and resplendent in Sword of Light livery the "Vulture King". The story behind that one is captured salvage being shipped back to Luthien, and the techs there trying to figure out what goes with what. "The Mad Cat? Has two lasers in the arms, and missiles in the torso. Yeah, that looks about right ..."

And three in grey ... two of the high quality plastics from the lastest Intro Box: a Prime in Smoke Jaguar Alpha colours, another B in Smoke Jaguar Psi scars, and ... well, forgive the Avatar, but his lower half comes from a plastic Citytech Mad Cat, and I just couldn't help add it in ;)

So ... Timber! wolf.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Sharpnel

• Colonel
This is the only painted Timber Wolf (Config A, btw)I have in my collection. It was painted by our very own Savage Coyote and I won it in an online auction. Photos are courtesy of camospecs.com

Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
That's an excellent use of leftover Bandit turret parts.  I may have to steal that.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
The BF scale minis never get the amount of love they deserve...
Sometimes I think i'm the only one who bothered to buy them...
But of all the BF scale the Madcat and the Daishi are my favourites.

IMG_0395
by cambo_prime, on Flickr

IMG_0253

IMG_0110

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
Mad Cat MKII, done in Clan Sea Fox colors.

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
Citytech Mad Cat painted in Red and Black camo. Boy this thing was painted a long tme ago!

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
DA scale Ghost Bear Timberwolf, Because I like Ghost Bears, and Timberwolves. Sorry no B-tech scale ones painted yet

Oh! And I also Like the Wolves, so heres one in a WIE Alpha Galaxy scheme

I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

SC_Dave

• Sergeant
Jade Falcon Alpha and Gamma Galaxy Timberwolves, along with a few "friends".

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Great job.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Legion

• Master Sergeant
  • Je te provoque en duel, Freebirth!
The BF scale minis never get the amount of love they deserve...

Are those done in a canon paint scheme, or is that just your own camo design?  It's awesome!

Luciora

• Major
My contribution.

Orange/White - 2nd gen
Green/Brown - 1st gen

Red/White - Mad Cat III

White/Green - Aiden and ride

Purple - custom build with Locust IIC arms and Summoner Prime Arms
Brown/White - Alt config A
Grays - Alt config B

Luciora

• Major
Aaaand 2 more Mad Cat IIIs.  I really need to organize better.

Saatch

• Lieutenant
Love this mech, have a few, but here are a couple of my favorites:

My interpretation of CHH Omega Galaxy (box set plastic):

And a special non-Canon Ghost Bear Keshik in my son's soccer club colors:

Cambo

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
Are those done in a canon paint scheme, or is that just your own camo design?  It's awesome!

The first one was my attempt at what was rumoured to be the clan starter sets box art (before it was ever confirmed or denied)
(tiger strip Clan Wolf camo of some sort )
The second is standard Beta Galaxy Clan Wolf i think.
Third is a ghost bear scheme from the cover of the Battletech Compendium. (the checkmarks were a serious pain).

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
And some more DA to the mix - a Timberwolf C in Clan Ice Hellion-ish colours.

* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

vaporlynx

• Recruit
Just got this guy painted yesterday.

Andai

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
My kitbashed Timber A Resculpt (like the Resculpt very much)
Starcolonel Andai Pryde, Co 4th Cluster, Omega Galaxy, Clan Wolf in Exile
Captain Marcus Pieters, 5th Syrtis Fusiliers
Field Agent Andreas "Andai" Hoffmann #1007

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
Getting an antivirus alert from www.bilder-upload.eu :(

And a reminder, folks - next week, IIRC, it's power extreme - the Centurions! Start getting them ready.

W.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
They l look great.  I especially like the one running over the downed Ebon Jaguar with a cockpit shot.

Vaaish

• Master Sergeant
I'm a bit late to the party but here's one of my Wolf Green Keshik timber wolves I can add.

hauptmann fanjoy

• CamoSpecs
  • Corporal
    • Heavy Gauss - Dave Fanjoy's Mech Gallery
Here's a Smoke Jaguar one I did last summer.

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
No offense to the Timber Wolf... But aren't we past due for Week #5's Mech love?

Caz

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
My bad  :-[

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
It's not Monday where I'm at, so no.  O:-)

Anyway, here's my family of Mad Cats. I'm having some basing issues with the big Mad II, and I want to try something with the base for my BattleForce Scale Mechs, which is why the bases aren't finished on them.

The white MAD III is how I got that from a friend, and it's going to another friend, but I wanted to include it. And, my second MAD III is in the works. I was tempted to try transparent basing on all of team brown. It would be neet, but it's going to be a lot of work. Still don't know yet.

Anyway, My normal TWolf is actually a repair job. Rescult arms and missile launchers on original sculpt body and legs and feet.

Finally, an old paint scheme for the Micro Mad Cat in front. It's now in its Mech Commander Jaguar Elite Red colors.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Siberian-troll

• Captain
Pair for previous published Vulture IV - Madcat IV-B

Sagittaire

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Catalyst Field Agent #455
CSF Fox Khanate

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Member of: Southern Ontario Battletech Society Facebook Group

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
And some more DA to the mix - a Timberwolf C in Clan Ice Hellion-ish colours.

Pssst . . . Timberwolf D . . . C has LRMs, UAC/5 and 2 ERLL.

Wonder how I missed this whenit originally rolled around
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Anyone make a Timberwolf C?  If so . . . how?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
Anyone make a Timberwolf C?  If so . . . how?

Yep using IWM parts.

2x http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=16_44_145&products_id=4162 (can slightly modified 1 for right side if you'd like)
1x http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=16_44_145&products_id=4155

Rest is a stock resculpted Timber Wolf mini with the torso holes filled in and 1 centered for the ER Med. (Use Stock LA)

Reference image; http://d15yciz5bluc83.cloudfront.net/wp-content/gallery/omni-images/MadCatCLeft.png?x64300

Heavyguard

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Old Team Olive Mad Cat rebased on a transparent hex for my Clan Team Orange.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Register