Author Topic: Interstellar Operations Scenarios  (Read 22056 times)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Interstellar Operations Scenarios
« on: 24 July 2015, 10:17:29 »
<TBD>
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
Re: Interstellar Operations Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2015, 18:30:42 »
Templates .pdf:

p4 section title:
Error: "A World to Far"
Replace: "A World Too Far"

p4 top of right column:
Error: "...that would keep honored company in may MechWarrior beer halls..."
Replace: "...that would keep honored company in many MechWarrior beer halls..."

p5:
Error: "...was properly motivated and well supported, the LCAF became almost immoveable. ,The most apt..."
Replace: "...was properly motivated and well supported, the LCAF became almost immovable.  The most apt..."

p5:
Error: "...especially the fighting for the landing zone of the three cattered Dragoon formations."
Replace: "...especially the fighting for the landing zone of the three scattered Dragoon formations."

p5:
Error: "Almos any other force would have fallen afoul the defenders and been defeated in detail, however, the Dragoons not only managed to pull together, they also managed to strike back, land additional forces and begin the advance on the main prize."
Replace: ""Almost any other force would have fallen afoul the defenders and been defeated in detail. However, the Dragoons not only managed to pull together, they also managed to strike back, land additional forces and begin the advance on the main prize."
Alt: "Almost any other force would have fallen afoul the defenders and been defeated in detail; however, the Dragoons not only managed to pull together, they also managed to strike back, land additional forces and begin the advance on the main prize."

p5 Game Setup -> Deployment Zones:
Error: "Lyran forces must be deployed within Desert Hills"
Replace: "Lyran forces must be deployed within Desert Hills."  (missing period)

p5 Special Rules:
Error: "On a role of 6 on 1d6,..."
Replace: "On a roll of 6 on 1d6,..."

p6:
Error: "...and knew they faed a difficult obstacle..."
Replace: "...and knew they faced a difficult obstacle..."

p6:
Error: "Kerensky created the whole that Delta and Epsilon Regiments tore wide open the following day."
Replace: "Kerensky created the hole that Delta and Epsilon Regiments tore wide open the following day."

p6:
Error: "The LCAF showed it foes"
Replace: "The LCAF showed its foes"

p6 Objectives:
Error: "The Lyran Commonwealth must prevent the Dragoons crossing the river."
Replace: "The Lyran Commonwealth must prevent the Dragoons from crossing the river."
Alt: "The Lyran Commonwealth must prevent the Dragoons' crossing of the river."

p6 Special Rules:
Error: "...they automatically loose the scenario."
Replace: "...they automatically lose the scenario."
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2015, 20:48:58 »
Adrian, wanted to ask about this:

Also, when converting attacking and defending Formations to SBF or ACS scale, be sure to show your work using the spreadsheet available at <website>.

What spreadsheet?

(And some of those scenarios sound pretty fun. ;D)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2015, 21:48:50 »
Is there a preference for historical scenarios or generic? The two examples are from known events, but I don't know if we have permission to do the same.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2015, 21:58:16 »
What spreadsheet?
When we have a final spreadsheet I'll post it. Didn't want to hold up the whole train just for the spreadsheet.

Is there a preference for historical scenarios or generic?
Either/or.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2015, 22:11:44 »
Do you have a range on number of formations you are looking for?

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2015, 22:52:34 »
Do you have a range on number of formations you are looking for?

Generally game play is designed for no more than 12 "Units" per side, be they individual Mechs, Lances, Companies or Formations.

With Formations that of course means you could have up to 72 Battalions, which is quite a lot of force so probably best to look for something in the 3-4 Regiment per side at the ACS scale.

Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

mchapman1970

• Warrant Officer
  • Live young die old
    • MekHQ  AtB style Episodes
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2015, 13:28:04 »
a group of us are going to start IO in 3025 there are 6 of us so far ( some wanted to play minor players) I am excited to see how this will play out.  We are having are test run next Friday and then we will play once a week or so. I am sure we will have lots of questions.  I have been trying to build my own template for a unit would rather have something more official though.

cylentwolf

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2015, 22:47:40 »
I would like to provide some scenarios and I saw that there is a scenario at the end of the book.  Do I just make up the unit list or do I need to grab them from somewhere?

I.e. I want to have a few ACS formations fighting each other how detailed do I need to go in the units for the scenario to be valid?

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
« Reply #9 on: 31 August 2015, 21:16:35 »
BATTLE OF ALTAIS
The War of 3039 was fought with the blood and sweat of two mighty nations.  In the first wave, the planet of Altais was a pivotal strike deep into the Draconis Combine.  Led by the 8th Donegal Guards the invading force was met by the previously unknown Ghost Regiments in an epic battle over control a planet meant to be a stepping stone to the heart of the Draconis Combine.

Game System: ACS
World/World Type: Altais
Objectives: Control of the planet of Altais is paramount to the success of the War of 3039.  The first player to reach 24 Victory Points at the end of any turn is declared the winner of the scenario.

GAME SETUP
Recommended Terrain: Use the ACS SSRM and PCM maps.  The Defender must place three objectives on the PCM.  The objective must be placed in different hexes.
Gaines (Planetary Capital)
Willas (Space Port)
New Ross (Space Port)

Deployment:
The Donegal Guards and Dragon Slayers deploy in either P1 or P4 on the SSRM map on the beginning of turn 1.  The Gray Death Legion deploy in either P1 or P4 on the SSRM map at the beginning of turn 2.

The Attacker deploys all ground units on the PCM on turn 1 with up to 2 Formations declared as hidden to begin the game.  Aerospace units may deploy as Ground Support or on the Inner ring of the SSRM.

Unit Composition

Attacking Commands:
8th Donegal Guards, (Veteran, Reliable)
Mech Regiment 1 (Medium/Heavy)
Vehicle Regiment 1 (Light)
Infantry Regiment 1
Infantry Regiment 2
Aerospace Regiment 1 (Light/Medium)

Dragon Slayers (Regular, Reliable)
Mech Regiment 1 (Medium)
Vehicle Regiment 1 (Medium)

Gray Death Legion (Elite, Fanatical)
Mech Regiment 1 (Heavy/Assault)
Infantry Regiment 1
Aerospace Regiment 1 (Medium/Heavy)

Defending Formation(s):
1st Ghost (Veteran, Questionable)
Mech Regiment 1 (Heavy)
Vehicle Regiment 1 (Heavy)
Infantry Regiment 1
Aerospace Regiment 1 (Medium)

2nd Ghost (Regular, Questionable)
Mech Regiment 1 (Heavy)
Vehicle Regiment 1 (Medium)
Infantry Regiment 1
Aerospace Regiment 1 (Medium)

Special Rules

Who’s The Boss
The Donegal Guards maintain operations control of the invasion.  The Attacker’s LR rating is based on the Donegal Guards experience rating.

Expect the Unexpected
The presence of the Ghost regiments was all but a rumor before the invasion force landed.  The Defenders receive a +2 bonus to Initiative and Engagement rolls for the first three turns.

Holding Back
The Dragon Slayers are to be held in reserve in the Middle Zone of the SSRM until called upon to reinforce the invading force after turn 3.  The Attacker suffers a -5 VP penalty when the DragonSlayers advance beyond the Middle Zone.  This penalty is reduced by 1 (to a minimum of zero) for each turn after turn 3 that they are called in.

Victory Conditions
At the end of each turn score victory points for control of the objectives.  In order to control an objective, the player must have a majority of Combat Units occupying the objective hex. In the event of a tie, no Victory Points are awarded.

For each turn after turn 8, the Defender scores 2 VP if they still have surviving units.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2015, 22:43:11 »
Thank you for your participation.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech