Author Topic: Vibroclaws during swarming.  (Read 1580 times)

Prince of Wales

• Recruit
    • Eh, Steam.
Vibroclaws during swarming.
« on: 14 March 2012, 19:58:41 »
Just wondering if these are working in the current release. I had a unit of Vibroclaw Kage sucessfully swarm a Charger, but they didn't do anything (besides go into swarming mode on him) at all.

In a test versus a poor Dart, the claws did the appropriate 6 points of damage during a leg attack. They (the claws) also work appropriately against infantry.

I've not yet tested swarming with a vibroclaw unit that can attack during a swarm (Clan Medium Battle Armor, Rogue Bear, Afreet?).
Brevity is a virtue.

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: Vibroclaws during swarming.
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2012, 07:55:23 »
That's because swarming doesn't do anything apart from go into swarming mode in the rules, too.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2012, 09:10:42 »
If you have a successful swarm attack, the next turn's attack phase you can attack with any arm mounted weapons to damage the swarmed mech or vehicle.

That being said, the last time I attacked after a successful swarm with a heavy claw (vibro) equipped BA (Void BA-Nova Cat) I believe it only did ten damage instead of eleven. Memory could be faulty though.  :P

Prince of Wales

• Recruit
    • Eh, Steam.
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2012, 15:03:52 »
True, but the vibroclaws don't show up under the weapons list to be "fired", and on subsequent turns (after the first turn of being swarmed), the Kage just sat there on the mech going "What now, lads?"
Brevity is a virtue.

Register