Author Topic: Another review of the box set...to CGL  (Read 2355 times)

Dropkick

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Another review of the box set...to CGL
« on: 14 May 2011, 17:36:55 »
I'll be honest with you, CGL.  I've been an off an on player since '93.  I became really comfortable in my Btech gaming experience.  Nothing really challenging came out.  The universe would move forward with some sourcebooks, some TRO's and maybe some new mini's.  Then the jihad happened.  I thought for sure that it would flop.  I himmed and hahhed and stuck my tongue out. Then I bought the first in the series.  After reading it straight through I was greatly surprised and proceed to eat some crow.  CGL finally took all the old molds broke them and started someting completely different.  The Jihad had been the best product up to this point. 

The new box set totally blows the jihad line out of the water.  I would put this box set up against anything Days of Wonder or Fantasy Flight has released.  If I were to give a letter grade it'd be an "A".  Oh-yeah the clan mech's rock.  Great Job CGL. 

Facie

• Recruit
Re: Another review of the box set...to CGL
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2011, 22:23:20 »
I will go further.   I've been a 40k and Flames of War player for a long time.  I got the intro box this weekend having never played a single BT game in my life (30 year mini gamer).  Wow.   What an impressive and well thought out product.  I've had the intro box two days.  I've now played two games with a friend, downloaded megamek (played two games as well) and have about $200 of books en route from Amazon. 

I'm hooked.  Fantastic job with the intro box.  Simply fantastic.   

Register