Author Topic: SimpleMek – Campaign generator/tracker for Megamek  (Read 3946 times)

LanceFujitsu

• Recruit
Hi

I’ve been working on an application in my spare time that functions as a Campaign generator/tracker for MegaMek. I’m a big fan of MekHQ but I find it sometimes cumbersome to use with all the options etc. unless you are a BT purist. I developed this application for myself mainly to use and partly because I’m learning some skills in C# I wanted to make something fun to develop with. The project has taken over a lot of my spare time (not intended) over the last few months so I thought I would put it up on the net if anyone else is interested in it.

It basically sits on top of the MegaMek application and allows you to:

•   Select a year to play in. From 2570 onwards through all the eras.
•   It will generate a starting unit and pilots for you.
•   It will then generate contracts from the factions available from that time period for you.
•   It will generate unit and personnel markets from every month for you.
•   It will generate a battle for that contract with your deployed units and OP for, as well as any supporting factions.
•   You can then export those battles to a Megamek scenario files which are loaded into Megamek.
•   Once the battle is complete if you save the MUL file when asked in MegaMek then you can import it into SimpleMek where it will calculate the result, unit/personnel losses and potential salvage for you.
•   It will then update your contract.
•   Once the contract is complete repeat at infinitum.

Factions units are taken from the Master unit list over at http://www.masterunitlist.info/
You can have in your unit and face in OPfor units – mech’s, vehicles, aerospace (princess doesn’t really seem to like these), infantry, battlearmor and protomech’s

This app is very much beta at the moment so if you use it save A LOT and let me know of any bugs etc. you find and I will try and address them.
I would expect some major even game breaking bugs at this point. I’ve only been doing limited testing so don’t expect a working version off the bat.
I would also add the program is very unbalanced at the moment in respect to monthly pay-out, OPfor generation etc. That’s something I will work on when it’s in a bit more of a stable condition.

Anyways let me now if you have any feedback or if this something you think people would be interested in using…

Download (yes I know…mediafire)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8axi336idikn1d9/SimpleMek+0.10.zip
*requires .net 4.5.2 or higher

Thanks
Lance

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
Re: SimpleMek – Campaign generator/tracker for Megamek
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2017, 11:14:17 »
Observations on the fly.
  • Excited to try this out.
  • I like the drill-down campaign calendar.
  • 'Purchase' button is mis-spelled.
  • On Unit List, would be helpful to grab several units at a time, rather than selecting individually.
  • Next Battle date field needs to be elongated.
  • * I've marked 4 units as deployed, but cannot go to battle ("no deployed units").