Author Topic: TRO 1945: AS?  (Read 1617 times)

ironnerd88

• Private
TRO 1945: AS?
« on: 16 October 2017, 19:15:23 »
Anyone done Alpha Strike conversions for TRO 1945?

I did a search, but didn't see it.
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: TRO 1945: AS?
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2017, 20:42:12 »
I think XTRO:1945 pre dates Alpha Strike.  I've not seen anyone attempt and convert them into AS units.

I could see Abstract Combat System being better way using the longer ranges the WW2 has.
« Last Edit: 17 October 2017, 23:09:33 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ironnerd88

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2017, 19:43:37 »
Dang... I had stuff to do...
"Wow... First shot of the game, you took out the Diashi's gyros. Well, that didn't just destroy the whole scenario..." - Me, to one of my players we all called "Snake-Eyes".

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2017, 21:10:49 »
If I can find time, I'd try, but I think in TRO:1945 time, the average tank would look like:

Size 1 (2 for late models), movement 6"t, attack 0*/0*/0*, armour 1 internal structure 2, EE & SRCH.

Maybe a Tiger might get to 0*/1/1, and 2 or 3 armour, at size 2.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ironnerd88

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2017, 17:10:12 »
I saw that as well. Some rescaling would have to take place. I am modifying my normal Alpha Strike Conversion spreadsheet for TRO1945.