Author Topic: (Answered) Calculating angle of attack vs a warship and other vessels  (Read 1938 times)

Question

• Master Sergeant
Okay i've looked at the strat ops errata and the advanced aerospace combat section, but nowhere does it clearly say how to calculate angle of attack vs a warship. The beginning of the section says that unless otherwise stated, the units use the rules in the aerospace units section of TW. However the aerospace units section of TW makes no mention whatsoever of how to calculate angle of attack vs anything other than fighters and dropships, the diagram on page 238 of TW only says "Fighters & Dropships".

There is a firing arc diagram for warships on page 95 of stratops, but it's not mentioned at all whether we should use this to determine the angle of attack vs the warship. Looking at the firing arc diagram, if i am in hex 1114, do i use use the aft or side angle when firing on the warship?

Can we at least get an errata making it clear where we can find the rules for determining angle of attack vs warships, jumpships, space stations, etc?
« Last Edit: 26 February 2015, 03:38:21 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
No errata needed.  That image on page 238 works for WarShips and other units just fine.  Simply assume the WarShip (or other unit) is pointing in the same direction as the fighter in the diagram.

If using vector movement, 'nose' is the vector with the highest velocity.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register