Author Topic: Landed Dropship BV discrepancy  (Read 1119 times)

Zupkuck

• Recruit
Landed Dropship BV discrepancy
« on: 19 September 2017, 16:23:04 »
I've noticed something strange in MegaMek, and I'm wondering if anyone else has, and if so, which rulebook I can reference for an explanation:

Starting a dropship out at Altitude 0 reduces the BV of the dropship by 30-40%. It's not a set percentage, and I'm guessing it's a re-calculation of the dropship construction rules.

For example, I want my players to defend a Union dropship during a campaign mission, so I've been testing it in MegaMek. The 2708 version has a BV of 3962, but when I change the starting altitude to 0, the BV drops to 2651. For the 3055 Union, it drops from 4977 to 3098. Any ideas?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: Landed Dropship BV discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2017, 21:35:05 »
I wouldn't be surprised to see BV issues with Dropships. They work in Megamek but not everything is calculated to the rules. We've started the process to code to their construction and validation so over the next few months weirdness like that would be caught.

What would help is a save game on the turn prior to the BV drop. If you post that on the trackers (links in my sig) it can be looked at.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Re: Landed Dropship BV discrepancy
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2017, 09:26:29 »
My guess is that it has to do with the change in MP. I fixed a similar problem with LAMs that showed an increase in BV when in airmech mode.

Register