Author Topic: (Answered) Consumables for Planetary Operations  (Read 2525 times)

TheOldDragoon

• Sergeant
  • From Royal With Love
    • TexMechs - The Home of the Royal Dragoon Guards
(Answered) Consumables for Planetary Operations
« on: 01 February 2011, 16:40:59 »
  Between Tech Manual and Strat Ops I can find consumables for shipboard living, which include life support.  I can find costs (500 C-bills per squad or MechWarrior/ASF Pilot etc.) for food/etc. groundside.  What is the weight of food/water per person per day for purposes of outfitting a force for forward operations?

Also - if a support vehicle uses 1% of its powerplant mass per maintenance cycle if not involved in combat, then am I correct in calculating that a 10-rated ICE plant (1.0 tons) with the standard (10%) fuel tank when installed in a trailer for purposes of running heating/AC and computer/commo equipment etc. could run for 10 days on that 100kg of fuel?

1% of 1Ton = 10kg.  10% of engine tonnage in fuel=100kg of fuel, divided by 10kg per maintenance cycle =10 days.

Or should that figure be divided by 3 (8 hour maintenance cycle, three 8-hour blocks in a day).
« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:36:27 by Xotl »
JEFFREY A. WEBB
Colonel
Regiment Commanding Officer
The Royal Dragoon Guards

TheOldDragoon

• Sergeant
  • From Royal With Love
    • TexMechs - The Home of the Royal Dragoon Guards
Re: Consumables for Planetary Operations
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2011, 21:14:41 »
Greets.  Just wondering if I missed this in the actual books, or if somewhere out there we can find a solution that's not a WAG on my part?
JEFFREY A. WEBB
Colonel
Regiment Commanding Officer
The Royal Dragoon Guards

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Consumables for Planetary Operations (Researching)
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2011, 17:50:53 »
Greetings,

We have never specifically noted this down. One of our logistics experts reviewed your suggestion and can find not errors with it.

It would fall under the "If it works for your game" rule.

Best,
Joel BC
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.